5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35's on Backcountry On Stock Wheels-Lift Parts Selection Advice?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Backcountry which is a Big Horn with ORP along with some other options. I am sure this has come up but I am not having luck with the search function.

I would like to keep the stock wheels and go with some Falken WildPeak A/T4W's in 35x11.5R18..specs can be seen here. Looking for the right options for lift. I have been looking at the Bilstein 6112 leveling kit or 6112/5160 lift. I will also be going with a new UCA.

I would like the truck to be level without having to do any trimming and fit those 35's. Is that possible with just the 6112 level kit or would I need to go front and rear? What clip setting is recommended for this?

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes 6112 would level you, but many go with 5100's and OEM ORP coils since they add 1" from factory. Look for REBEL in search here for the level/lifts

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Backcountry which is a Big Horn with ORP along with some other options. I am sure this has come up but I am not having luck with the search function.

I would like to keep the stock wheels and go with some Falken WildPeak A/T4W's in 35x11.5R18..specs can be seen here. Looking for the right options for lift. I have been looking at the Bilstein 6112 leveling kit or 6112/5160 lift. I will also be going with a new UCA.

I would like the truck to be level without having to do any trimming and fit those 35's. Is that possible with just the 6112 level kit or would I need to go front and rear? What clip setting is recommended for this?
You should look into boogielanders setup. He’s got it pretty dialed!

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
you'll be fine with 11.5 width, minimal trimming if that.
trimming is fine, you're just trimming the fender liners that's easily replaceable. Totally doable with a heat gun and a razor blade, then spray it with some black paint so no one can tell. Hell, people ask me how i fit 35x12.5R18 and when I told them I trimmed, they look at it and they say "what? where?"
When you're done with the truck and want to put it back to stock, just get a set of new fender liners and swap the trimmed one out. That shouldn't cost more than $70 for a pair. don't really understand why people are so afraid of doing that easily reversible mod.

you'll be fine with just the front kit only, but also know that you may feel the ride difference between the front and rear. ORG/ Rebel rear utilizes Bilstein 4600, which is tuned to be softer and tuned for comfort. On the other hand, the 5100s and 6112s are more tuned for offroad use and can ride more stiff. Whether it is acceptable or not is subjective and up to you to decide.
For me, I do the opposite: i set my fox 2.5 to be firm in the rear and softer in the front for on road driving, and max everything out for offroad driving so I don't bottom out easily. I set the rear to be firm/ stiff due to the weight I have in the back, and also because I'm too lazy to go down on the ground to turn the knobs every time I air up and air down before hitting a trail. This soft front firm rear combo works great for me and gives me great handling on the road while retaining plushy comfort in areas with rough pavement surface.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @boogielander , I just read through your great build thread. I appreciate the advice and was thinking about the mismatched shock issue. The Fox might be more than I need since I do not boogie regularly. I will examine the differences between the Bilstein's and determine which would be best.

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks boogielander, I just read through your great build thread. I appreciate the advice and was thinking about the mismatched shock issue. The Fox might be more than I need since I do not boogie regularly. I will examine the differences between the Bilstein's and determine which would be best.
Fox is probably a solid route you would just need to play with the stiff/softness and dial it in!

boogielander

Reaction score
Thanks @boogielander , I just read through your great build thread. I appreciate the advice and was thinking about the mismatched shock issue. The Fox might be more than I need since I do not boogie regularly. I will examine the differences between the Bilstein's and determine which would be best.
you're welcome.
can't go wrong with billys, but the fox 2.0 is ok for on street use and occasionally offroading, not necessary boogie.

for boogie, 2.5 with resi is required in my book... i ran billy 5100 before and one trip boogie for 125 miles blew them LOL

boogielander

Reaction score
alternatively, @deeve, you can just get the carli commuter pack. comes with everything you will need so no need to piece things together yourself.
if you are looking for the least amount of research you need, carli commuter pack is the answer. comes with 2.0 shocks too and tuned toward mostly street driving with occasional offroad in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread