5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35 Cooper sst . to noisey

danc

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations to replace my 35 Cooper SST Pro tyres on my stock 22"s been on for Nearly a year now and looking to replace as I find them to Noisey .

I want a quieter Tyre but with an aggressive looking side wall
Thanks

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the Cooper AT3 XLT since you already seem to gravitate towards Coopers. The AT3 XLT probably has the most agressive looking sidewall of all the A/T tires. I hear the AT3 XLT is pretty quiet as well.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the Cooper AT3 XLT since you already seem to gravitate towards Coopers. The AT3 XLT probably has the most agressive looking sidewall of all the A/T tires. I hear the AT3 XLT is pretty quiet as well.
Looking for recommendations to replace my 35 Cooper SST Pro tyres on my stock 22"s been on for Nearly a year now and looking to replace as I find them to Noisey .

Thanks

A co worker just put a set of the AT3 XLT's on his Ram 3500, Said they ride great and have less road noise than the Toyo open country at2s that they replaced. Other options would be Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Cepek Trail country EXP, General Grabber ATX. BFG KO2, Cooper ST maxx or Toyo open country RT. Cooper at3 xlt will likely by the quietest of all those though. I've been hearing good things about the Cepek Trail Country EXP as well.

nilsd

Reaction score

Thanks
I assume you aren't lifted, just running stock suspension, is that correct?

If so, I'm in the same boat. Taking delivery tomorrow of Laramie with upgraded 22s . Not a fan of the low profile look, and thinking a more rugged sidewall and/or a 50/55r would improve things to make me comfortable with keeping the 22s. I'm not interested in lifting to avoid rubbing from 50 or 55 though (at least not right now), so on the lookout for tires that would fit the bill.

Last edited:

danc

Reaction score
I assume you aren't lifted, just running stock suspension, is that correct?

If so, I'm in the same boat. Taking delivery tomorrow of Laramie with upgraded 22s . Not a fan of the low profile look, and thinking a more rugged sidewall and/or a 50/55r would improve things to make me comfortable with keeping the 22s. I'm not interested in lifting to avoid rubbing from 50 or 55 though (at least not right now), so on the lookout for tires that would fit the bill.

my truck has air ride and I fitted the adjustable sensor rods to get the truck leveled and to the height i wanted , Love the look and ride , no rubbing , just would like a little less road noise

Users who are viewing this thread