5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35 concerns

DeNERI027

Reaction score
hey all,
Just wanted to see if anyone of you have some of the concerns with running 35x12.5s. That being with transmission, diff (i have the 3.92), motor, and steering stress; as well as the warranty concerns behind them. Been throwing around the idea of getting the pulsar to for the new tires size to adjust the speedo and the shift points on the tranny. So couple questions with that: anyone have these concerns with the new tires and has the pulsar really helped with the bigger tires?

Thanks guys

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Get them, no comcerns to have. Other than rougher ride than stock

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is just a general statement about warranty that I feel I need to make when I see people asking about voiding warranty by adding Pulsar, or changing suspension, etc. The absolute bottom line is you modify the vehicle in anyway from stock the dealer at their discretion can choose not to honor the warranty. Yes of course you are protected by The MagnusonMoss Warranty Act but do you have the deep pockets and time to fight FCA on it even though they have to prove it? I don't worry about it personally.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
When the time comes, I'm just gonna do a 2" level, keep 33's on factory wheels, but go with 12.5" wide with 1 1/2" spacers to increase the track.

warmachine

Reaction score
hey all,
Just wanted to see if anyone of you have some of the concerns with running 35x12.5s. That being with transmission, diff (i have the 3.92), motor, and steering stress; as well as the warranty concerns behind them. Been throwing around the idea of getting the pulsar to for the new tires size to adjust the speedo and the shift points on the tranny. So couple questions with that: anyone have these concerns with the new tires and has the pulsar really helped with the bigger tires?

Thanks guys

I ran 38x13.5x20s on my 2013 1500, it went 80k km without issue. It had Zone upper control arms and the tie rods from the BDS lift, other than that the rest was stock.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey all,

Thanks guys
Why are you going to waste money on the pulsar? You're 3.92 shift points are perfect for 35's...The pulsar is crap and does not adjust shift points like other tuners on the 4th gens.

Users who are viewing this thread