5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35 12.50 20 Help please

Metz

Reaction score
Put a 3.5 RC lift on my 22 ram need to know if 35 12.50 will clear upper control arm ball joint on stock 20x9 rims

Mikemac4

Reaction score
I installed a 3/2 level kit on my 20 ram. 35x12.5 20 nitto trail grapplers. My research did not give a definitive answer either way. All 35s do not measure the same so there is a chance it may or may not clear. If it does it won’t be by much. I went with 1.5 inch wheel spacers in the front and 2.0 inch in the rear. Gives truck a nice aggressive stance. Still had to reshape front plastic wheel wells

Louhound88

Reaction score
Put a 3.5 RC lift on my 22 ram need to know if 35 12.50 will clear upper control arm ball joint on stock 20x9 rims
You might possibly need spacers. I don't know how the RC upper control arms compare to the stock ones, but with a 2.5" level I couldn't go wider than a 295/65R20 tire. About a 12" wide tire. Stock height and stock tire I had about .5" of space between the tire sidewall and UC ball joint. After level and with the wider tires I maintain that .5" gap. This is with 20x9 stock night edition wheels. I know in my case I couldn't fit the 12.5 wides.

Also, I went with Yokohama Geolandar MT's, which I read measured true to size for width. Turns out to be pretty accurate. I've had 12.5 Nitto ridge grapplers measure out to over 13" once mounted. So some tires measure out wider than spec'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/