5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

34 foot camper

Davidbt

Reaction score
Just something else to consider, which may or may not be a problem, since you mentioned maybe going smaller. If you're planning to go to regular campgrounds, your options may be limited with that long of a trailer.

We drag around a 21' trailer, and often take it to state parks. Most of our favorite sites won't hold much more than a 24' or 26' with our crew cab.
^this^

mrclortho

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the 3.92 gears. I’m looking at a 34 foot travel trailer that weighs 6288 lbs dry and 7655 lbs fully loaded with a 655 lbs tongue weight. Do you guys think I’ll have any trouble pulling it or should I try and find a shorter camper?

No problem, but go ahead and get an anti-sway, weight distribution hitch. I have towed without one, but it really helps to make the trips smoother and with less drama. It will also counteract excessive tongue weight and squat. These trucks are impressive.

My TT is 33' long and 7,500lbs and the RAM tows it easily, even with 3.21's, a lift and 35's. I had the cruise control set at 77mph when my wife reminded me we were not in a hurry, hahaha. I usually tow at 70mph, no problem.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pulling is not the problem unless going uphills that could be an issue.. the issue is the sway/control especially when conditions aren’t ideal along with the braking that long of a camper you need to really think 2500 or stick with a smaller camper.

Users who are viewing this thread