5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

34” tires on a 1500?

Ericw

Reaction score
I have a opportunity to buy a set of trx rims and tires, my truck is a19 1500 with 2”” level in front and 1” I’m back. Does anyone know if I’ll have problems with the rims and tires rubbing?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will be good unless you have the splash guards, then will have to trim some off the inside for them to clear, without, no problems.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are a few threads discussing this topic. The TRX rims will be okay but the stock TRX tires will rub on your upper control arms unless you run spacers.

Ericw

Reaction score
How far will they stick out past my wheel wells?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How far will they stick out past my wheel wells?
TRX tires are 325mm wide, 50mm wider than stock tires in the other trims (with 18 or 20” wheels; 40mm more than the 285 wides on 22” wheels). 50mm is about two inches.

Half of that additional two inches will be inboard (towards the UCA), and half will be outboard. So, the tires would stick out one inch further than the stock tires.

Adding spacers would make them stick out that much further.

Users who are viewing this thread