5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33x10.8 or 12.3

JMartin

Reaction score
Going to be going on a 20x10 wheel. Clearance is not an issue. What would be the difference between the two wheel widths in subject. Why would i want one over the other? Couldnt find a related thread, thanks for any help you can provide.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Narrower should perform slightly better in deep snow as it can cut through it easier. Wider would give you more grip on regular pavement I would assume but not like we are racing these things. I think it is hard to prevent slight rubbing on standard suspension with anything more than a 12" width. Just my two cents, all I know.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Going to be going on a 20x10 wheel. Clearance is not an issue. What would be the difference between the two wheel widths in subject. Why would i want one over the other? Couldnt find a related thread, thanks for any help you can provide.

Cost, the 10.8 will have a more stretched look & the 12.3 will provide more wheel protection.

Clyde

Reaction score
I’m running 11.7” on stock offset... these past rains really highlighted how much dirt/mud/road muck gets kicked up on the side of the truck. My tires are pretty much flush with my wheel wells... had I gone any wider or more of a negative offset, I know I would be regretting it.

There are a few threads on here where guys are talking about the paint on both their fender flares and rocker panels getting destroyed within months of purchasing their trucks (especially those who live in areas where salt & gravel is used during snow season).

So to answer your question... I would go with the narrower tire and save your paint.

Users who are viewing this thread