5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33s with readylift level

Rick94

Reaction score
I currently have installed a readylift 2inch level with stock 22s and tires.
I’m lookin to swith to 20 wheels and 33 inch tires for now with this level. This would bring down the truck an inch correct? Also I’m planning to replace level with 3.5 inch lift later down the road. I’ve never seen anyone with this setup. Everyone seems to run 35s on lifts, unfortunately i have a 3.21 gear. Does it look off with 33s?

Chris VB

Reaction score
FYI- I have 37x13.5 on my truck with 3.21 diff. Never had an issue. Has plenty of power to turn those. Most people get 35s because they are a lot easier to fit(no trimming) and much cheaper. My advice, always go one size bigger than you want lol
No regrets! Except not getting 38’s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick94

Reaction score
FYI- I have 37x13.5 on my truck with 3.21 diff. Never had an issue. Has plenty of power to turn those. Most people get 35s because they are a lot easier to fit(no trimming) and much cheaper. My advice, always go one size bigger than you want lol
No regrets! Except not getting 38’s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking truck man. Yeah it seems like people have different experiences with a 3.21.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I currently have installed a readylift 2inch level with stock 22s and tires.
I’m lookin to swith to 20 wheels and 33 inch tires for now with this level. This would bring down the truck an inch correct? Also I’m planning to replace level with 3.5 inch lift later down the road. I’ve never seen anyone with this setup. Everyone seems to run 35s on lifts, unfortunately i have a 3.21 gear. Does it look off with 33s?

The stock 22" with factory tires I believe is 32" in diameter. So if you go with 33", you will go up an inch in diameter (1/2 inch in actual height).

Here is my post from earlier that asked about the 2" level with factory 33" tires, there are some good pics there for you to see how it looks, I think it looks fine with a level, though maybe not with 3.5".

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Had 33s on 2” level. Got the 3.5 RL and rode with 33s for awhile, but just didn’t look right (to me), so upgraded to 35s and looks perfect. Had to do some trimming/cutting and wheel spacers. Have 3.21 gears and no issues - accelerates normal, albeit can tell weight of larger tires, but get used to that. Feels like HD truck (my Dad even told me he thought it was an HD truck when he hopped in for first time 😂)

Rick94

Reaction score
Had 33s on 2” level. Got the 3.5 RL and rode with 33s for awhile, but just didn’t look right (to me), so upgraded to 35s and looks perfect. Had to do some trimming/cutting and wheel spacers. Have 3.21 gears and no issues - accelerates normal, albeit can tell weight of larger tires, but get used to that. Feels like HD truck (my Dad even told me he thought it was an HD truck when he hopped in for first time
Clean looking truck! Those are stock wheels right? I have the same color and need to swap out the chrome 22s.
I really want to take my chances with 35s.
Anythinf noticeable on highway speeds?

RammaJamma2

Reaction score
Clean looking truck! Those are stock wheels right? I have the same color and need to swap out the chrome 22s.
I really want to take my chances with 35s.
Anythinf noticeable on highway speeds?
I have 35x12.5 on my Rebel with just the 2" Readylift leveling kit. At 40mph, speed zone signs say im at 43mph and when I'm at 70mph the speed signs say 75-76mph. Hope that helps.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Nope, moves just as fast but again with feel of a heavier duty truck.

Recommend always recalibrate speedometer with larger tires. I just bought the Rough Country speedo recalibrator on Amazon. It’s an easy adjustment and not only corrects Speedo but smooths out ride by correcting shift points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online