5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33's on '24 Laramie Night Edition 22's?

tailgatejoe

Reaction score
Hi guys, just picked up a 2024 Laramie Night Edition, non-air suspension, and want to change out my tires to something more aggressive. I want to keep at least the same or higher load rating for towing. I want aggressive, but i do a good amount of distance driving so not something that will be crap on pavement.

I want to keep the 22in wheels, can I move to a 33in tire with them on a stock truck with no spacers or leveling?

I am looking at Mickey Thompson Bahaha Boss AT 305/45/22, would those fit the stock 22 rims? Any other tire recommendations?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The height of that tire fits. But the width might be tight with stock wheels. You could add wheel spacers/adapters to alleviate that issue.

tailgatejoe

Reaction score
The height of that tire fits. But the width might be tight with stock wheels. You could add wheel spacers/adapters to alleviate that issue.
Yeah, I really don’t want to deal with spacers or adapters. Does anyone know the width of that wheel?

mplaramie

Reaction score
I'd add a little more sidewall vs width. Also, check out tiresize.com. it has some great calculators for different tire sizes, offsets, etc.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many upgrade to the 305/45 mentioned with no issues. Even on lowered trucks.

Sigfla

Reaction score
Do you currently have this setup? I’ve been searching all over to see if anyone has put them on 22”stock rims. Not finding anything yet.
I saw a guy do it. The truck looked great. I ordered a set and tried to install last week. The shop had a terrible reputation and they wouldn’t do it as requested so I could leave town on time for a hunting trip. I took the tires home and tried to get another shop to put them on today but they refused to install tires I bought outside. At that point I felt like karma was telling me to just go with a 285/55r22 which I have seen many pics of. The unmounted BFG KO2’s I bought in 295/50 measured small. I know I would have gotten taller once mounted and aired up and the pics I saw was on an unleveled stock truck. I returned them today and am going with a 285/55 instead. Why not… lol!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a guy do it. The truck looked great. I ordered a set and tried to install last week. The shop had a terrible reputation and they wouldn’t do it as requested so I could leave town on time for a hunting trip. I took the tires home and tried to get another shop to put them on today but they refused to install tires I bought outside. At that point I felt like karma was telling me to just go with a 285/55r22 which I have seen many pics of. The unmounted BFG KO2’s I bought in 295/50 measured small. I know I would have gotten taller once mounted and aired up and the pics I saw was on an unleveled stock truck. I returned them today and am going with a 285/55 instead. Why not… lol!
Weird they would have an issue

1705342139218.png

Sigfla

Reaction score

View attachment 174614
Had no problem size wise. It was merely that I bought a tire from another vendor. Wasn’t happy about it but they were honest at least and the argument was sound if I was in their place. Other shop tried to push me into an alignment job even though the truck was brand new and just had one last week when the level kit was installed. The current shop that will hopefully get my tires and mount them tomorrow didn’t try and upsell me anything and in fact gave me a cheaper option than the AT3. Online ratings were high and in my area a business will get blasted easy if they do wrong. I only saw positive reviews so I figured fate was pushing me to buy once cry once….

Last edited:

MVfan

Reaction score
I saw a guy do it. The truck looked great. I ordered a set and tried to install last week. The shop had a terrible reputation and they wouldn’t do it as requested

Thanks for the info, crazy that you couldn’t get them mounted. Good to know about tire shops refusing to do the work. Will definitely ask about this before I purchase upsized tires.

Sigfla

Reaction score
Here are the 285/55’s. On a non leveled truck I think the 295/50’s would be perfect. If you are level/lifting it the 285/55 looks great imho. I got alot more sidewall and extra height without any fit hassle. The 285/55 would likely also fit a non leveled truck but they might rub in entry/exit mode. The wheels looked super tight when lowered to that. This picture is in aero mode. I have zero complaints on the Toyo’s btw. Ride character is almost exactly the same as stock. To describe the difference I will say in a straight line it’s the same. Turning, the front end isn’t as responsive but that’s to be expected with the larger heavier tire. However it’s still great. I went from a sports sedan to a luxury sedan in terms of handling if that makes any sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here are the 285/55’s. On a non leveled truck I think the 295/50’s would be perfect. If you are level/lifting it the 285/55 looks great imho. I got alot more sidewall and extra height without any fit hassle. The 285/55 would likely also fit a non leveled truck but they might rub in entry/exit mode. The wheels looked super tight when lowered to that. This picture is in aero mode. I have zero complaints on the Toyo’s btw. Ride character is almost exactly the same as stock. To describe the difference I will say in a straight line it’s the same. Turning, the front end isn’t as responsive but that’s to be expected with the larger heavier tire. However it’s still great. I went from a sports sedan to a luxury sedan in terms of handling if that makes any sense.
Looks good!

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Nice choice 👍

kjaminet22

Reaction score
I also have a night edition Laramie non air suspension, I'm really happy with the look of 285/55/22. No rub with Bilstein 5100's set at 1.7" above stock in the front along with 1" spacers in the rear. 20231227_133147.jpg

MVfan

Reaction score

View attachment 174614
Once I find a tire shop that will put the 295/50r22's on my stock 22" rims I'll post here on the fit and ride. It definitely seems to be the ideal "non-lifted" fit for the combo of adding more sidewall and a smidgen of width. Now, to choose: BFG KO2, Toyo OC ATIII or the Nitro Ridge Grappler.....

Users who are viewing this thread