5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33 gallon tank

RJS

Reaction score
If you are just looking for input, my 19 Laramie Sport crew cab 33 gal (stock) always shows over 500 miles on fill-up. It just varies with the MPG recorded on the EVIC. I recall numbers as high as 570.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most recent tank was 550ish - but due to COVID, roadways are emptier. It's a lot more efficient driving! Unless you're behind a scared elderly driver, then forget it. I would say "500ish" is a good rule of thumb. Sometimes under, sometimes over, depending on the MPG/efficiency of the most recent driving.

Stock rebel.
Latest fillup in the tank was 29.9 Gallons total

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine says 310...stupid 23 gallon tank :cry:

My girlfriend's Limited read 550 miles when she filled it up the first time last week.

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
So I bought mine at the end of last week. (Has a 33 gallon tank) When I left the dealership it had a full tank of fuel (and 200 miles) and the fuel estimate said 380 miles. I’ve driven it the past three days, got it down to 3/4 tank and refueled, and it still estimates 380 range. Any ideas on why so low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've seen my in the 600s when on trips, which makes since since even when I get at least 19, that translates to 627-mile range.

In town is more like ~330 or so. :unsure::oops:

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I bought mine at the end of last week. (Has a 33 gallon tank) When I left the dealership it had a full tank of fuel (and 200 miles) and the fuel estimate said 380 miles. I’ve driven it the past three days, got it down to 3/4 tank and refueled, and it still estimates 380 range. Any ideas on why so low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reset your MPG in EVIC. The range is fluid and depends on your driving habits, amount of idling etc. Remember when idling you are getting Zero miles per gallon.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Reset your MPG in EVIC. The range is fluid and depends on your driving habits, amount of idling etc. Remember when idling you are getting Zero miles per gallon.
100% correct.

As an example, I took a trip with the fam yesterday just to get out of the house. After filling up, and getting on the highway, you can see the range is 393, because up until that point, I had reset my computer after filling the tank, and based on my city consumption it had been around 10MPG (I avg 8.5-10 MPG city. I have a stupid short commute).

1588012160070.png

Here's the reading about 17 min later. Had I kept going, it would kept adjusting based on the increased MPG to where it gets pretty darn accurate.

1588012270110.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online