5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

305/55 vs 33x12.50

HotStuff

Reaction score
I know what the difference is, but does anyone run the 33x12.50 on the stock 20" wheels? Or does everyone run the metric sizes instead? And why do you prefer one over the other?

Seems the 33x12.50's run a little cheaper than the metric sizes, but I'm not sure they will fit with the control arm being so close when running the stock 20's.

Last edited:

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I have aftermarket 20x9 wheels but my 33x12.5s are about 1/4" away from the top of my control arm by the ball joint. My tire guy said, no problem, that clearance never moves. I was a little worried. As far as turning, I have room for days. Could have gone with a 35" easily.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Ya, and that all depends what offset your wheels are. You got any pics? Thanks

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
This is sitting at normal ride height? Looks like enough room for some 35’s easily! I want to fill up that wheel well.

Yes, normal height. It has tons of room lock to lock when turning too.
The tire is VERY close to the A-arm at the ball joint, but it clears fine and that clearance doesn't change at all. I was tempted to add a 1/4" spacer to the front for clearance and for stance, but didn't do it. Might do it later.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, normal height. It has tons of room lock to lock when turning too.
The tire is VERY close to the A-arm at the ball joint, but it clears fine and that clearance doesn't change at all. I was tempted to add a 1/4" spacer to the front for clearance and for stance, but didn't do it. Might do it later.
Any down the side pics to see how flush the wheel sits?

markymark907

Reaction score
I know what the difference is, but does anyone run the 33x12.50 on the stock 20" wheels? Or does everyone run the metric sizes instead? And why do you prefer one over the other?

Seems the 33x12.50's run a little cheaper than the metric sizes, but I'm not sure they will fit with the control arm being so close when running the stock 20's.
i currently run the 33x12.50's on my stock 20 inch rims and i love them, my truck is stock they fit perfect and i get no rubbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/