5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

305 50 r20 AT on stock

delastatte

Reaction score
Hello everyone , im about to pull the trigger on a set of tires . im trying to decide between 285 55 and 305 50 for the stock laramie rims/suspension . I dont need LT tires so p metric SL or XL would be just fine for me . do 305 50 20 fit on stock suspension/rim ? anyone here that can confirm ? has pictures ? thank you !

Last edited:

dsadler

Reaction score
I am looking at 295/65R20 for mine. I had them on my 2016 with no rub. Wondering if they will fit on my 2019. Stock wheels and stock ride height. Anyone know for sure? 2019 2500 4x4

puba08

Reaction score
Gonna be tight on the stock rim I would think. 285 I think would be better. I just went with 275/65’s due to the close proximity to my UCAs. And I don’t not want to run spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CJR28

Reaction score
Gonna be tight on the stock rim I would think. 285 I think would be better. I just went with 275/65’s due to the close proximity to my UCAs. And I don’t not want to run spacers.

Do you have a pic of your setup? Thinking 275/65R20 duratracs but im worried they will look too skinny

puba08

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of your setup? Thinking 275/65R20 duratracs but im worried they will look too skinny

I said the same thing when I had my last truck. My brother was running 35x11.5 ridge grapplers on stock sport wheels with Bils at 2.8 and stock UCAs. I rolled the dice and put 35/12.5’s on fuel rims 20x10 -18 and still had to trim the fender liners. I also ran Bils at 2.8, stock UCAs and a Zone 1.5 BL.
My New tires for this truck arrive tomorrow. Here’s a pic of the clearance I have now with stock Falkens with my Zone UCAs and 2” level.

a0d4ec91fa9b0b27becf595ecc5b3c49.jpg

I don’t want to cut, trim or melt anything on this truck. So I said screw it and stayed at 275. Plus the only size up was a 35/12.5. I don’t like 33’s.

puba08

Reaction score
What about 305 50 20 on stock rim/suspension???

I’m no expert but I can’t see how that would clear the UCA on stock rims. Aftermarket rims with a different offset would probably work. Look at my photo above. There’s maybe almost an inch with the 275s.

jd20lar

Reaction score
What about 305 50 20 on stock rim/suspension???
go to https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ and they have a tire and rim size calculator. Put in orig and new size it will give you a pretty good estimate list below you can use to measure against.
I have been looking at 1.5- 2" leveling kit and 34"ish tires. I found one somewhere w/o any suspension modes on a Limited, most have done at least a level kit.
I am looking at using StreetRays or ProRyde 74-2200R adiustable 1.5-2.25 leveling, and no change in UCAs up to 2.5" from what I have read. Any suggestions welcome.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Trimming plastic is so easy. I don’t get why some folks are so afraid of it. All you need is a sharp blade, a drill, and zip ties. Looks no different after. Takes only a couple of minutes. You don’t need a heat gun, you don’t need to be a shop mechanic, and you certainly don’t need to be a genius...take it from me!

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
Trimming plastic is so easy. I don’t get why some folks are so afraid of it. All you need is a sharp blade, a drill, and zip ties. Looks no different after. Takes only a couple of minutes. You don’t need a heat gun, you don’t need to be a shop mechanic, and you certainly don’t need to be a genius...take it from me!

Agreed, it’s very easy. Just wanted to avoid it on this truck if possible. If it needs to be done...it will get done. I went with a narrower tire as I don’t want to rub the UCA’s and do not want to run spacers (I have ran 1.5” spidertraxx in the past on both of my FJ’s with no issues).

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Agreed, it’s very easy. Just wanted to avoid it on this truck if possible. If it needs to be done...it will get done. I went with a narrower tire as I don’t want to rub the UCA’s and do not want to run spacers (I have ran 1.5” spidertraxx in the past on both of my FJ’s with no issues).

Totally get that my friend.

delastatte

Reaction score
Fitted a used 305 50 r20 on the truck. I can only put 2 credit cards in between the tire and the control arm . Other than that there's enough space for the tire in the wheel well...

Users who are viewing this thread