5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

305/45/22

ocwill1

Reaction score
OEM limited 22's, airlink suspension links front and rear. Can I fit 305/45 without any rubbing. I see on the customoffsets site that someone has those size tires on 22x9.5 with stock suspension. Is anyone running that size on 22x9????

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
stock wheel and tire is 275/55r22x9. you will definitely rub. your going from 10.8 to 12 width.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
How much did you lower it with the links?
I have the Michelin Defender LTX's in 305/45r22's on my 19 LTD and I will get minimal rub against the plastic liner at full clock. It rubs the liner a bit more at entry/exit level but still nothing concerning. The Michelin's don't have an aggressive sidewall so depending on your tire selection, you may get more rub than I experience.

ocwill1

Reaction score
How much did you lower it with the links?
I have the Michelin Defender LTX's in 305/45r22's on my 19 LTD and I will get minimal rub against the plastic liner at full clock. It rubs the liner a bit more at entry/exit level but still nothing concerning. The Michelin's don't have an aggressive sidewall so depending on your tire selection, you may get more rub than I experience.
I raised with the links. did the front/rear raise using them. I want to say it went up 1 inch front/back...

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
So you likely won’t have any rub at all then. And if you do, it’s just the plastic liner which can be molded or Ty-wrapped out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I raised with the links. did the front/rear raise using them. I want to say it went up 1 inch front/back...
id say your still going to rub at lock so youll need to use a heat gun to mold your plastics or trim/cut it. i wouldnt risk it man. just do it the right way.

ocwill1

Reaction score
id say your still going to rub at lock so youll need to use a heat gun to mold your plastics or trim/cut it. i wouldnt risk it man. just do it the right way.
decided to just go with stock size, but a better tire. Toyo AT 3.. I have had Toyo's before, they are smooth and quiet

Users who are viewing this thread