5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

305/45 22 - TIRE PRESSURE?

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is running for tire pressure on the 305/45/22 (I specifically have the Toyo Open Country A/T III). I have a crew cab Laramie with 6'4" bed. I started the pressure at the door panel of 36psi all around. Seemed to have a lot of rolling resistance, so bumped them to 40. Seemed fine but as temperatures have risen lately, they went up to about 44. That seemed fine too, but my main concern is even wear. I knocked them back down to 40.

Just curious if anyone has put enough miles on a certain pressure to know what's getting even wear.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I've been running mine at 36lbs for 7000 miles now. Not enough wear to really notice yet.
Michelin Defender 305/45R22

Last edited:

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I had 305/45R22 Open Country tires put on last week and the installer put 39 PSI in each.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The chalk test is a good method for determining the best wear pattern for any given pressure range. I’m usually within 4 to 5 psi of the max psi cold rating on the sidewall of my tires. That was with Open Country AT3’s and my current Michelin Defenders.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
I run Toyo AT3 305/45/22 @ 40 PSI cold. No issues love the tires and the ride

Dan Houle

Reaction score
I recently got BFG KO2's, went from stock GY Wranglers 275/70/18 to the 35" 12.5 BFG's. I messaged BFG on FB & they immediately responded to me. I gave them the specs & they got back to me & gave me the proper in inflation. Maybe try that with Toyo.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like those Nitto NT 420V's? They're on my shortlist for 22" upgrades along with the Toyo Proxes STIII and Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S.
I originally wanted to order the Proxes, but they were backordered nationwide. So, I went with the Nitto. I like them. Quiet, comfortable, sticky. Not much else I could ask of them.

Sidewall looks nice too.

Reverse

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is running for tire pressure on the 305/45/22 (I specifically have the Toyo Open Country A/T III). I have a crew cab Laramie with 6'4" bed. I started the pressure at the door panel of 36psi all around. Seemed to have a lot of rolling resistance, so bumped them to 40. Seemed fine but as temperatures have risen lately, they went up to about 44. That seemed fine too, but my main concern is even wear. I knocked them back down to 40.

Just curious if anyone has put enough miles on a certain pressure to know what's getting even wear.
There's a website where you can enter original (OEM) tire size and the new one, and it will tell you what pressure to run it at. I posted link a few times already:

clicketyclick

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's a website where you can enter original (OEM) tire size and the new one, and it will tell you what pressure to run it at. I posted link a few times already:

clicketyclick
Your link isn’t working for me.

TLOC

Reaction score

When I installed my AT3's I had the same thought. I checked this site, said to 32 psi but I've been running 34 psi with no issues after 5000 miles..

nilsd

Reaction score
When I installed my AT3's I had the same thought. I checked this site, said to 32 psi but I've been running 34 psi with no issues after 5000 miles..
Just stumbled on this thread after getting the AT3 installed last week in the same 305/45r22 and thought I'd add my two cents.

I used the link shared above and also emailed Toyo directly and the same recommendation came back from both -- 32psi.

I was surprised at how low compared to what others are running, but planning to air down later today and see how it goes for a bit.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I have over 20k miles on my Michelins at 36psi and tire wear is normal. Cooler temps last week had my TPMS alarming with all tires around 31-32psi. The rear tires looked okay at that value but the fronts had way too much bulge for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread