5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 way switch wiring?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I've seen it somewhere here but can't find it now. I am wanting to hook-up my driving lights to turn on with my high beams but also want to be able to turn them on separately without using the highbeams. Can someone point me in a direction? Thanks!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Get a five pin Bosch relay. Pin 86 goes to your aux switch. Pin 85 goes to ground. Pin 87 goes to battery for the new lights. Pin 87a goes to the high beam wires. Pin 30 goes to the driving lights.
bch-0986ah0151_xl.jpg

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch to produce a similar set up on my bed lights.

Center terminal goes to the lights, one side comes from a constant 12V source, the other side comes from the overhead lights. I can select "on" at any time using the constant feed, "switched" which will turn them on and off with the cargo lights, and "off" which which is self explanatory.

Using a relay to pull power from the battery is a good idea, but I was only powering some LED strips so I didn't want to mess with the additional wiring.

dtlrshp

Reaction score
How about running your driving light directly with your highbeam and then run a diode in line with the driving light to a switch?

Users who are viewing this thread