5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 major issues less than 24hrs after owning 2021 ram 1500

Cjrussell4456

Reaction score
Ugh... so upset right now. Purchased a Ram 1500 limited / he I etorque and so far we have the following issues.
1. engine does not turn off ( yes we placed it in park) message on dash is “ignition or accessory on”
2. Door locks don’t work
3. Trailer power supple on the back does not work. ( all fuses are okay)
Read online articles to try and help us but seems like this particular truck should not have left the mfg facility. We were so excited with this car when we first purchased it
Will be going to the dealership / service tomorrow to find out what’s going on

Maconi

Reaction score
Maybe a problem with the key fob? If it doesn't detect the fob, the push-button start might not do anything (and the doors might refuse to respond). I'm not able to go out and test it tonight (turn the truck on, take the fob far away, and then see if I can turn it off or lock the doors) but just a guess. Hope you get it resolved.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Sorry to hear about your problems . Sounds like a bad ground connection .

Gitter

Reaction score
For the door locks, do they not work at all? Meaning, they don't work when you press the lock or unlock buttons (either on the door or with the key fob)? What setting do you have it set to in the uConnect settings?

For the trailer, does it not work for both plugs (4 or 7 pin)? Have you tested the power pins with a volt meter?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh... so upset right now. Purchased a Ram 1500 limited / he I etorque and so far we have the following issues.
1. engine does not turn off ( yes we placed it in park) message on dash is “ignition or accessory on”
2. Door locks don’t work
3. Trailer power supple on the back does not work. ( all fuses are okay)
Read online articles to try and help us but seems like this particular truck should not have left the mfg facility. We were so excited with this car when we first purchased it
Will be going to the dealership / service tomorrow to find out what’s going on
If you're getting the "ignition/accessory on" message..then the engine isnt running. You have to push the start bottom without your foot on brake to make sure all gauges go to Zero. Also...did you not test drive this truck or not check everything out before you bought it...? Sounds shady.

Cjrussell4456

Reaction score
We went back to the dealership and apparently it’s something wrong with the charging pack? Engine check light was on and when they plugged in the computer it has about over 30 error codes. The dealership said they will need to send it back and offered us a new truck.
We decided to upgrade to a 2500 Cummins engine diesel truck ... all is right with the world now. Thanks everyone for your comments

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
We went back to the dealership and apparently it’s something wrong with the charging pack? Engine check light was on and when they plugged in the computer it has about over 30 error codes. The dealership said they will need to send it back and offered us a new truck.
We decided to upgrade to a 2500 Cummins engine diesel truck ... all is right with the world now. Thanks everyone for your comments
LOL. Nice. Glad you got a better replacement.

Gitter

Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear that but glad they took such quick care of you!

Kazoo

Reaction score
Wow, great customer service, shout out the dealership so people know!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! I am happy for you to get a new replacement truck so fast, I find that surprising that you went from a 1500 limited to a 2500 diesel.
I am curious to know why such a drastic change. Those two trucks are worlds apart!

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
IDK. Sounds like a lot of info is missing here. New 1500 same day OP joins, then 3 days later a completely different truck. Seems strange a dealer would go this route so quickly. If true, glad it worked out. Call me jaded.

Users who are viewing this thread