5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 hours to install mopar mudflaps? Are you kidding me?

ramffml

Reaction score
I ordered a set of mudflaps for my truck, make the appointment at the ram dealer for 1:00. Then 1:30 the guy walks up to me, yeah, it's 3 hours of labour to install these flaps.

Well gee, thanks for telling me after waiting for 30 minutes, for a job that should take no longer than 5/10 minutes per wheel. Needless to say I walked out.

Sorry, just had to vent.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3 Hours!!! Holy Lies! you don't want the MOPAR ones anyway, they are a poor design and catch mud, dirt, rocks and retain water in their pocket. Highly recommend the WeatherTech.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have the weathertech mud guards and installed them in 25 minutes. That included be very picky with the protective tape. almost a year and no complaints here

Rowan611

Reaction score
I have the WeatherTech flaps also. Took me about 30 minutes with only a hand socket. Would have been 15 minutes with power tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramffml

Reaction score
Thanks guys for confirming that I'm not nuts after all. I'm tempted to name the dealership but I don't have that in me. I will say they are located in Hamilton, ON/Canada, and anybody that want's to avoid them can just PM me for details and I might release the name then.

The thing I liked about the Mopar was that they were a little shorter than most. I want to avoid the long flappy ones. Guess I'll look into weathertech and other options.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh no I’m not trying to imply by telling us their name we will attack them with pitchforks and torches lol, by doing so it allows others to avoid them when it comes to buying that particular thing. :)

speedracernc

Reaction score
Thanks guys for confirming that I'm not nuts after all. I'm tempted to name the dealership but I don't have that in me. I will say they are located in Hamilton, ON/Canada, and anybody that want's to avoid them can just PM me for details and I might release the name then.

The thing I liked about the Mopar was that they were a little shorter than most. I want to avoid the long flappy ones. Guess I'll look into weathertech and other options.

If you want to get different mudflaps let me know. I will take the Mopar ones off your hands.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous that they would think that’s an acceptable amount of time to install mud flaps. I’d imagine a oil change and tire rotation would run around 8 hours at this place. I’m guessing that was the service advisor quoting you 3 hours, I would’ve found the service manager and made him aware and had that clown canned.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Flat rate. Guy is prob doing it in 30 min and cashing in 3 hrs.

Rayzram

Reaction score
They saved you from putting these worthless mopar splash guards on believe me. They are horrible, BUT easy to install. I will be replacing mine if they have not already ruined my wheel molding.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took me about 30 minutes to install my MOPAR splash guards. For the record, everyone here complains about the design of the MOPAR splash guards because of the "pocket"; I have had mine on for a year and haven't had a problem with them at all. Once a month I just stick the hose in the pocket when I'm washing the truck to rinse it out. The MOPAR splash guards fit nicely and look like they belong there unlike some other options that just look like a rubber flap.

RJS

Reaction score
It took me about 30 minutes to install my MOPAR splash guards. For the record, everyone here complains about the design of the MOPAR splash guards because of the "pocket"; I have had mine on for a year and haven't had a problem with them at all. Once a month I just stick the hose in the pocket when I'm washing the truck to rinse it out. The MOPAR splash guards fit nicely and look like they belong there unlike some other options that just look like a rubber flap.
I certainly agree they are the best looking ones but up here in Michigan, sticking a hose in them is a little difficult November through March. Chrysler is located here so you think they would make one that works north of the Mason-Dixon line. It could be possible to fill them with a closed cell foam or just redesign them with an air pocket, no opening.
BTW, be sure to use a protective film prior to installing them as others have pointed out.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I got the Weathertech mudflaps and installed them myself. I am almost 65 and don't think it took much more than an hour. They fit well and are sturdy.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Install them yourself. It ain't rocket science

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I’m not surprised with any dealers at this point. When I first bought my truck I wanted Mopar wheel to wheel running boards put on they ended up putting on aftermarket ones. Westin R5’s which were nice but I’m not paying for aftermarket running boards. That also took them 5 hours to put on. They were like $350 for them and they were charging me $700 bucks. I told them give me the difference for them or take them off and give me my $700 back. They gave me the $700 back so I bought the same exact ones and put them on myself in 45 mins and used the rest to buy a tonneau cover which took me 15 mins to install. You have to watch them even if they are reputable dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/