5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Dings?

jchuchla

Reaction score
I've had my new 22 1500 Laramie for 2 weeks now. I've been off for the holidays until this week. Both yesterday and today I've heard a 3 ding audible warning sound on my way to and from work. It's kinda a double ding sound like da-ding, da-ding, da-ding. (i hate describing sounds in written text) It seems to happen in the same location each time. And it's usually 3 higher pitched dings, followed by 3 lower pitched dings several moments later. I'm not seeing any corresponding warnings or messages in the dash or radio. Any idea what these mean? I don't even know what to search for.

Reaction score
Is your turn signal on while you hear the noise? When i first received my truck I couldn't figure out some random dings for the longest time, turns out its blind spot monitoring while your turn signal is engaged. Turned the sound off but left the light indicator on the mirror on.

jchuchla

Reaction score
I don't think i have blind spot monitoring. I've never noticed any indicator on the mirrors.

jgmac98

Reaction score
I've had my new 22 1500 Laramie for 2 weeks now. I've been off for the holidays until this week. Both yesterday and today I've heard a 3 ding audible warning sound on my way to and from work. It's kinda a double ding sound like da-ding, da-ding, da-ding. (i hate describing sounds in written text) It seems to happen in the same location each time. And it's usually 3 higher pitched dings, followed by 3 lower pitched dings several moments later. I'm not seeing any corresponding warnings or messages in the dash or radio. Any idea what these mean? I don't even know what to search for.
I had the same thing... it's the maps setting for red light cameras. it took me a couple weeks to figure it out :s
if you go into the settings in the navigation screen you will find it there somewhere.

jchuchla

Reaction score
That would make sense, I know there's red light or speed cameras within a few blocks of both of the spots where i heard it go off. Any idea what the difference between the higher pitch and lower pitch dings means?

jgmac98

Reaction score
That would make sense, I know there's red light or speed cameras within a few blocks of both of the spots where i heard it go off. Any idea what the difference between the higher pitch and lower pitch dings means?
I think that is just the warning signal. I can't remember exactly what mine sounded like, but that 3 dual ding seems familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread