5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Days to Install Readylift 3.5" Kit

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Just talked to a local shop about installing the 3.5" Ready Lift Kit. They quoted me $900 for installation and alignment. They also said they would need my truck for 3 days. Does this seem reasonable? I was kind of under the impression it was more of a 1-day job, but iv never had one installed before.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
In a well-equipped shop, it should be a one-day thing. Two if there are any complications or if the tech gets a lot of interruptions. Your shop may sublet the alignment afterwards, so there's a day wasted driving it over when there are two guys available and picking up later when there are two also. Or they may just be cautious that way; nobody has ever complained that the job was done sooner or under estimate.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
In a well-equipped shop, it should be a one-day thing. Two if there are any complications or if the tech gets a lot of interruptions. Your shop may sublet the alignment afterwards, so there's a day wasted driving it over when there are two guys available and picking up later when there are two also. Or they may just be cautious that way; nobody has ever complained that the job was done sooner or under estimate.
Thank you! that makes sense, they are probably just overestimating. Do you think $900 sounds reasonable for all that?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can install it solo in your garage in 1 day if you have any mechanical inclination. The rears should take less than 2 hours for a proper shop, and the fronts should take 3-4 max.

Sounds like that $900 is either 6 hours billed at $150/hr or 9 hours billed at $100/hr.

Users who are viewing this thread