5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.6L Single Exhaust muffler replacement help

taz2016

Reaction score

This is what I have and I really like it.

Would you please post a video/sound clip of your system. I have been trying to hear what this system sounds like since it was released. How is the drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm?
I have a B2 Fab Magnaflow on my truck and like it except for drone between 2000 and 3000 rpm. Thanks

taz2016

Reaction score
I'm starting to believe the reason no one (including Magnaflow) will post a clip is because they are not happy with the sound. I have never had this difficult of a time finding a sound clip of an exhaust system.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
You have to run a bottle style resonator in addition to the muffler kit. The 3.6L is way too loud without it. Borla makes one designed for the Ram pipes, which is just shy of 3” OD. It’s a little pricey but looks like great quality.

Last edited:

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
I am extremely happy with the sound. I just haven't had any time to really record it. Also it is difficult to record it driving it. The sound is the best around 2000 RPMs.

taz2016

Reaction score
1) Set a camera or your cell phone on the floor a few feet from the exhaust exit.
2) Start recording
3) Walk to the driver's door, open, get in, start the vehicle
4) Let idle - blip the throttle a couple of times - hold the throttle at a few of common rpms (say 1500, 2000, and 2500 rpm)
5) Post the video and link here

Thank you!

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
1) Set a camera or your cell phone on the floor a few feet from the exhaust exit.
2) Start recording
3) Walk to the driver's door, open, get in, start the vehicle
4) Let idle - blip the throttle a couple of times - hold the throttle at a few of common rpms (say 1500, 2000, and 2500 rpm)
5) Post the video and link here

Thank you!
Listen man that is not going to make you realize what the actual sound is like when you drive it take off the starting line or drive by as it sounds 100% better when you actually drive it and you can hear the truck shift in between gears. Revving it up doesnt produce the sound it actually makes when you drive it.

19Rebel3.6

Reaction score
Hey all,
I know 90% of muffler swaps on Rams are on the 5.7 but for the special minority of us that have the 3.6L I haven't been able to find anything about exhaust/muffler single exhaust swaps.

Does anyone know what the inlet/outlet is for the 3.6L? I'm looking at the Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow (promises a few more HP and torque) but I have no idea about the size (I think 3in) or the in/out

Thanks!
Also, if anyone has added any other mufflers please let me know how it sounds
Hello, I’m in search of a cat exhaust system. I got a 2019 ram 1500 3.6 v6 etorque 4wd rebel. I want to buy something that bolts on…no cutting or welding required. I don’t want to void the warranty I got on the truck. My budget for an exhaust system is $400.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, I’m in search of a cat exhaust system. I got a 2019 ram 1500 3.6 v6 etorque 4wd rebel. I want to buy something that bolts on…no cutting or welding required. I don’t want to void the warranty I got on the truck. My budget for an exhaust system is $400.

You won't void your main warranty regardless of what you do from the cat-back. I'm in California for example, and all my dealer said was avoid welding anything to the cats, otherwise they cannot warranty them should there be an issue with the cats. Of course messing with your exhaust will pretty much void the warranty on the components you modify.

For $400, you are right at the price range for single cat-back systems that won't require cutting. Both the 5.7L and 3.6L are actually a single exhaust system, but at least for the 5.7L, it Y pipes out for a fake dual at the back.

If you are fine with a single pipe cat-back, there are systems from MBRP at that price range. Just Google "2019 RAM 3.6L cat-back exhaust", you will find a few.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I put a stock hemi exhaust on my v6 and then welded in a paradox muffler but kept the resonators in place. I later took it off and put the stock hemi muffler back on because the drone on the highway bothered me. I can’t find the clip of me reving it, but I have one of it on startup but can’t seem to figure out how to post it. If anyone knows how to get a video I’ll post it.

Users who are viewing this thread