5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.6L etorque K&N intake installed

jgeatty

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck this morning from K&N fitted with the 3.6L etorque intake prototype. Drove about 30 miles home, mostly freeway, and here are my initial thoughts.
Look: I like the powder coated dark grey tube and the cleaned up look without the giant stock plastic intake baffle
Driving: with light acceleration there is not much difference from stock sound. Moderate acceleration is definitely more “throaty” than stock. Wide open throttle is LOUD! I don’t smash the accelerator that often since I’m mostly driving around town so I don’t think that will be an issue. It was very startling how loud it got though haha. While cruising on the freeway there was no drone or louder than normal engine sounds.
So far, so good but I’ll report back in if I find any issues! CEE9C3CE-51DE-43A0-9124-356BAA26C763.jpeg

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck this morning from K&N fitted with the 3.6L etorque intake prototype. Drove about 30 miles home, mostly freeway, and here are my initial thoughts.
Look: I like the powder coated dark grey tube and the cleaned up look without the giant stock plastic intake baffle
Driving: with light acceleration there is not much difference from stock sound. Moderate acceleration is definitely more “throaty” than stock. Wide open throttle is LOUD! I don’t smash the accelerator that often since I’m mostly driving around town so I don’t think that will be an issue. It was very startling how loud it got though haha. While cruising on the freeway there was no drone or louder than normal engine sounds.
So far, so good but I’ll report back in if I find any issues! View attachment 65983
Any difference in MPG?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Question - I just picked one up hoping it will reduce vibrations around 2000 RPM. Do you have that issue with your truck? Does it seem like it vibrates less with the intake. Thanks in advance for the info.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Question - I just picked one up hoping it will reduce vibrations around 2000 RPM. Do you have that issue with your truck? Does it seem like it vibrates less with the intake. Thanks in advance for the info.
Intake should have ZERO effect on vibration

STI_MECE

Reaction score
What was your reasoning for putting this on? You know that the stock snorkels provide cooler air than those short rams right?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Whelp, the vibrations are lessened with the intake. Not gone completely, but better. But, this thing is LOUD when you give it gas. The engine does seem more responsive, but man, I don’t think I can live with it being this loud. I might try the AFE intake to compare...

Users who are viewing this thread