5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.6L and Baxter Performance screw in filter adapter

sblack33741

Reaction score
I just bought a new Ram 2023 with the 3.6L pentastar. First, I love the Ram, and I want to thank the posters as reading these aided my purchase choice. I am still under warranty, and I wanted to know if anyone has used the Baxter Performance screw in oil filter adapter? This is a popular change in jeeps, but I have not seen anything about this on the Ram 3.6L. Your thoughts and tike are appreciated.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have issues with the stock setup at this time. Are you having the startup rattle these are meant to prevent or are you more interested due to the spin on filter side of it?

sblack33741

Reaction score
I don't have issues with the stock setup at this time. Are you having the startup rattle these are meant to prevent or are you more interested due to the spin on filter side of it?
I am honestly more interested in preventing dry starts and prolonging the engine with an oil flow back valve.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked into it when I had my Grand Cherokee, but pricey and not much information out there when I looked.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Nice. I have had remote oil filters on all my vehicles in one form or another. I have always wanted to figure a way to replace the oil filter housing with an adapter but this looks like the least invasive. I might wait for the filter housing to leak before replacing it with the Dorman version. I have a 2011 Jeep with the 3.6. I figure it will leak before the Ram.

sblack33741

Reaction score
Nice. I have had remote oil filters on all my vehicles in one form or another. I have always wanted to figure a way to replace the oil filter housing with an adapter but this looks like the least invasive. I might wait for the filter housing to leak before replacing it with the Dorman version. I have a 2011 Jeep with the 3.6. I figure it will leak before the Ram.
I have never used remote oil filters, but I will have to check them out.

Gren71

Reaction score
Fwiw i traded a gladiator with the 3.6 engine in for this ram. That engine pulled my camper+family easily for 106,000 miles. The entire idea of the “dry start” and all is (in my opinion) a red herring. Id hazard against all the hype and just let the engine be as designed. Its a sturdy beast that will last as long as you follow the maintenance sched and dont F with it. These things are in the same pew as oil catch cans for daily drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread