5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" ReadyLift w/ 35" tires - LCAs rubbing??

brodieg

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently had a 3.5" ReadyLift kit installed, along with new 18x9 Rims / 35x12.5 Tires.
I took an angled curve slightly too quick, felt some metal on metal.
Looks like my LCAs were rubbing on both passenger and driver sides... I'm a noob, first time truck owner running mods. I had a reputable shop install it all for me. Do I have to live with this or is there something that can be done to prevent this? I emailed the shop today, waiting on a response but figured I'd ask this community as well.

I do not have the offroad package on my BigHorn. So no factory lift / ORP

20210221_094802.jpg

20210221_094747.jpg

Last edited:

wiendog

Reaction score
I think that slight rub on full lock is fairly common.I have been told by my mechanic it is ok.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently had a 3.5" ReadyLift kit installed, along with new 18x9 Rims / 35x12.5 Tires.
Looks like my LCAs were rubbing on both passenger and driver sides... I'm a noob, first time truck owner running mods. I had a reputable shop install it all for me. Do I have to live with this or is there something that can be done to prevent this? I emailed the shop today, waiting on a response but figured I'd ask this community as well.

View attachment 83522

View attachment 83523
That is normal, those are your stops for turning. You can see two separate rub marks, lower mark from before lift and the upper mark after lift. Some folks grind down that top nub in order to prevent any kind of knocking sound at full lock. My truck did the same after lift.

Last edited:

brodieg

Reaction score
After reaching out to ReadyLift this is what they had to say,
"
Thanks for reaching out and including the pictures, From what you describe and what the pictures show the only way that could be a problem is if the tie-rods aren’t adjusted correctly causing that wheel to be pulled in to tight and hit that lower control arm. Our suggestion is to make sure the vehicle was aligned properly using our recommended specs in the install manual. As long as everything there is done that should correct the issue you are having.

Thanks,"

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

View attachment 83522

View attachment 83523
Here is another thread, same thing......non issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online