5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5 inch lift mileage

irishwake63

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a 3.5 inch lift but really dont want to lose mileage as so far Im pretty impressed with the highway mileage my 22 BH gets with the 5.7
just would hope to hear some real world befores and afters as well as a 2inc level

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have a 3" front/2" rear level with 35" tires and I still average ~15.8 mpg mixed driving. I RARELY get on the highway, but drive a lot of roads with few lights for much of my commute. The rest of my driving is in town with regular stops. I only saw a slight drop in MPG with the lift and tires. Driving style will have a much bigger impact. I am a fairly aggressive driver but when my brother drives my RAM, the mpg goes up ~0.5mpg.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your mileage will be affected more should you change tire sizes and go larger.
A level or lift itself wont have much adverse affects on your mpg...its the need to fill that fender well with bigger tires that can.
My mileage stayed the same after installing a Bilstein lift, but then went down about 1.5-2 mpg's after going to 22 inch wheels and 33 inch LT tires from the stock 18's and Wildpeak AT's.
That and the fun pedal getting a Pulsar tuner upgrade...😁
I'm still averaging aroung 16.5 mpg. And thats up and down a 2 lane mountain freeway, 44 round trip miles at least 5 days a week.
Am about to kiss all that good bye as I am sitting in the waiting room waiting for my truck to get a tire upgrade to 285/55R22 Wildpeak RT01's. 👍

s10blazer89.jw

Reaction score
I just installed a 3.5" lift front and rear and haven't noticed a difference at all. I think bigger tires is usually what hits your mileage the hardest!

mrclortho

Reaction score
I lost about 2 mpg on the highway with a 3.5" lift and stock tires, but also installed an aftermarket bumper with grill guard at the same time (but I kept the active air dam for now). Around town, I don't notice much difference in economy. ram3.jpg

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
Think about which rear end you have too.
I do not have a lift, but have a front bumper grill guard (Steelcraft) like @mrclortho.
I have the 3.92 and if I can stay between 65-68 I get over 17 MPG, once I get above 70 I get into the 15MPG easy.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I am getting 23mpg on hwy at 70-73 stock, Im wondering if I even level it and keep stock wheels/tires how much I will lose

CNC99

Reaction score
Factory suspension here on 34” tires. In town I struggle to get 14 mpg under what I consider normal driving conditions. I have been able to get close to 16 when I tried driving as efficiently as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread