5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5” Ready Lift Question????

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I have a 3.5” ready lift which I want to add some front and rear shocks too . The front lift is 3.5” the rear is 2”. I no I can use the 5100 Bilsteins in the front , with removing the pre load spacer on the ready lift kit . My question is what setting to run the front bilsteins on with doing this ? And also any option for the rear ? I can’t seem to find anything for 0-2” lift for the rear .

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Just got done emailing Bilstein , the fronts would work they claim on the lowest setting , and removing the pre load spacer on the ready lift kit , but they have no option for a 2” lift in the rear . Sucks hopefully somebody comes out with something . I’d like to match front and rear

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
If you took out the preload spacer and did the bilsteins on the lowest setting it would be back to stock height (so just a 1.5-2" lift from the readylift tophat spacer instead of the 3.5" originally). I've asked this question before and the few people that have done it put it on the 1.7" setting to get it back to 3.5". I'm about to do the same thing, can't decide if I want to do the 1.3" or 1.7" setting, I don't want to overextend the cv angles.

I'm surprised they don't have anything for the rear. I thought the regular shocks allowed for up to a 2". I know several others have swapped out the rears with that kit, hopefully someone chimes in on it.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
If you took out the preload spacer and did the bilsteins on the lowest setting it would be back to stock height (so just a 1.5-2" lift from the readylift tophat spacer instead of the 3.5" originally). I've asked this question before and the few people that have done it put it on the 1.7" setting to get it back to 3.5". I'm about to do the same thing, can't decide if I want to do the 1.3" or 1.7" setting, I don't want to overextend the cv angles.

I'm surprised they don't have anything for the rear. I thought the regular shocks allowed for up to a 2". I know several others have swapped out the rears with that kit, hopefully someone chimes in on it.
Yeah any info would be good , Bilstein claims to run the 5100s on the lowest setting with removing the pre load spacer . And I can’t find anything for the 2” rear lift . I contacted ready lift and they have no answers either

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Fox has a rear shock for 2” lift , but I don’t want to do Bilstein in the front and fox in the rear .

Nickv1214

Reaction score

Also if the 1.7 Setting puts it back to 3.5” I don’t think that would be over extending ? If that setting sits it back to how the ready lift kit comes

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Yeah any info would be good , Bilstein claims to run the 5100s on the lowest setting with removing the pre load spacer . And I can’t find anything for the 2” rear lift . I contacted ready lift and they have no answers either

If you do the bilsteins with the tophat spacer you'll absolutely need to put it on setting 4 or 5 or you'll be sitting 2" higher in the rear.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Also if the 1.7 Setting puts it back to 3.5” I don’t think that would be over extending ? If that setting sits it back to how the ready lift kit comes

Well with the readylift kit I think the tophat spacer is supposed to be 2" and the preload spacer is 2", so not sure how they equal to 3.5". The other people that have responded in the suspension subforum said the 1.7" put them back at level, I just worry about the 2" tophat spacer and then 1.7" from the bilsteins would make it more than 3.5". May just have to try it and see what it does to the angles, just a lot of work to change it if it is off.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Well with the readylift kit I think the tophat spacer is supposed to be 2" and the preload spacer is 2", so not sure how they equal to 3.5". The other people that have responded in the suspension subforum said the 1.7" put them back at level, I just worry about the 2" tophat spacer and then 1.7" from the bilsteins would make it more than 3.5". May just have to try it and see what it does to the angles, just a lot of work to change it if it is off.
Yeah it is and a lot of guess work which is why I’m holding off until I get some exact answers on what to do here

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Yeah it is and a lot of guess work which is why I’m holding off until I get some exact answers on what to do here

I've asked this question on here before and on facebook. The 3 or 4 people that have done it and responded used the tophat spacer and set the bilsteins the level 5 (1.7")...thats all the answer you're going to get here. I wish there were more myself.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I've asked this question on here before and on facebook. The 3 or 4 people that have done it and responded used the tophat spacer and set the bilsteins the level 5 (1.7")...thats all the answer you're going to get here. I wish there were more myself.
Ok still very helpful and that solves the front , anything on the rear for the 2” lift ?

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Ok still very helpful and that solves the front , anything on the rear for the 2” lift ?
Bilstein offers 1 inch rear lift shocks. So if you wanted your truck level you add the rear shock with no spacer because readylift 3.5 sst still has rake correct? If you want to keep the rake you can just add a 1 inch motofab rear spacer to the bilstein 1 inch rear lift shock

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Never mind someone else said the bilstein 5100 rear do not add lift so I guess we would still need a 2 inch spacer in the rear for now.

Users who are viewing this thread