5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2x4 slots in the bed

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I am assuming there is a more technical term for the slots where you can place a 2 x 4 in the bed, but regardless I have a question.

In some pictures I saw trucks that had a whole bunch of slots, perhaps one every couple of inches. My truck only has two, both near the tailgate. Is that because I don’t have the best utility group? Is there another good cargo management option out there?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Yea, I have the BUG and just the two shallow slots too. No Ram Boxes here either. The extra slots look like the make a straight side leaving room for the boxes.
I got you. So you have to have Ram boxes to get those extra slots? That’s a shame, they would offer a lot of function. If nothing else, a more convenient place to store the 2 x 6 that doubles as my bike rack.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I got you. So you have to have Ram boxes to get those extra slots? That’s a shame, they would offer a lot of function. If nothing else, a more convenient place to store the 2 x 6 that doubles as my bike rack.
Without Ramboxes, the 5’7’’ bed just has the two slots in the back. The 6’4’’ bed has an extra slot in front of the wheel well, in addition to the two in the back. The Ram Boxes have slots across the whole bed, but you lose bed space with the Ram Boxes.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those slots on the sides of the rambox beds are for the bed divider. I don't miss the little bit of space in the bed in front of and behind the wheel wells. The storage boxes and bed divider are much more useful for how I use my truck.

bed divider 2.jpg

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Those slots on the sides of the rambox beds are for the bed divider. I don't miss the little bit of space in the bed in front of and behind the wheel wells. The storage boxes and bed divider are much more useful for how I use my truck.

View attachment 96971
Yes, looks very utilitarian. That ship has sailed, hell what would “just” another $1000 have been?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2x4 slots didn't provide enough space for a quick Costco run, so I installed the AMP bed extender. When it's flipped in, I get a couple extra inches of storage.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 2x4 slots didn't provide enough space for a quick Costco run, so I installed the AMP bed extender. When it's flipped in, I get a couple extra inches of storage.
My 5'7" bed barely makes it for a "slow" Costco run.

Users who are viewing this thread