5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2wd With Rebel Wheels, Help With Tires!

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Guys my Tradesman 2wd needs tires, I have Rebel wheels that came with it used. What size tire can I out on it BEFORE I get my lift? Backwards I know, but it's the way I need to do it.

Will 285/75/18 work without rubbing? Or maybe 275/70/18 at the least?

Any help is appreciated.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
275/70/18 tires are 33" in diameter and will work fine on any 5th gen 1500 at stock height. The 285/75/18's are nearly 35" in diameter. I'm not sure those will clear on a stock height truck. I know this question has been asked and answered many times. You might try a search to see if you can find the answer if you don't get a definitive soon.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
275/70/18 tires are 33" in diameter and will work fine on any 5th gen 1500 at stock height. The 285/75/18's are nearly 35" in diameter. I'm not sure those will clear on a stock height truck. I know this question has been asked and answered many times. You might try a search to see if you can find the answer if you don't get a definitive soon.
I was on the run and easier to speech to text than use search. If I type in 2wd, it gives me back no actual results saying 2wd. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread