5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2WD vs. 4WD suspension?

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry, I have read and searched a ton of posts. Lots of great information here. But can someone tell me the difference in the suspension on the 2WD vs. 4WD? Are the heights of the trucks the same?

Reason I am asking. I think I am going to order a 2019 2WD Laramie and I want to add spacers to level it and do either 33/12.5/20 or 35/12.5/20 tires. I have read that the leveling spacers only work on a 4WD or that the Mopar 2" lift only works on a 4WD. Can someone set the story straight, and let me know what I would need to fit either the 33 or 35 tires on a 2WD before I make my truck purchase?

Thanks in advance!

John813

Reaction score
Same suspension setup. If it says 4WD, it'll work on 2WD setups.

33's, no suspension work needed.

Coil setup*

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Thanks!
From what I can find the frame changed, but the only thing different on the suspensions is the shock inside the strut assembly on the front and the shock in the back. So essentially all of the old leveling components should remain the same.

Users who are viewing this thread