5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/65r20?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I paid $125 for Speedo recalibration at Stealership. Took it to them twice and they never could figure out how to recalibrate 35” tires 🤪, so they refunded me money and I ordered Rough Country speedo recalibrator to do it myself. I knew better to do it myself as I’ve done before on my previous truck, but thought why not at that price plus dealer warranty, etc. Guess some stealership service depts are smarter than others 😂. Now have to wait another week to recalibrate and can’t wait to get speed accuracy and shift points back in sync...Funny thing I mentioned reduced MPGs and increased 7/8 gear hunting at highway speeds, but noticed when removed my Vitesse TC (before taking into dealership) I left it off and MPGs shot up and no more highway speed gear hunting. Didn’t realize how much that device contributed to MPG loss and gear hunting so I’ve decided to remove it permanently. It’s not as quick off the line now but much smoother driving and improved gas mileage. All I need now to smooth up even further is speedo recalibrated...Can’t wait.

Cbgreen08

Reaction score
I paid $125 for Speedo recalibration at Stealership. Took it to them twice and they never could figure out how to recalibrate 35” tires 🤪, so they refunded me money and I ordered Rough Country speedo recalibrator to do it myself. I knew better to do it myself as I’ve done before on my previous truck, but thought why not at that price plus dealer warranty, etc. Guess some stealership service depts are smarter than others 😂. Now have to wait another week to recalibrate and can’t wait to get speed accuracy and shift points back in sync...Funny thing I mentioned reduced MPGs and increased 7/8 gear hunting at highway speeds, but noticed when removed my Vitesse TC (before taking into dealership) I left it off and MPGs shot up and no more highway speed gear hunting. Didn’t realize how much that device contributed to MPG loss and gear hunting so I’ve decided to remove it permanently. It’s not as quick off the line now but much smoother driving and improved gas mileage. All I need now to smooth up even further is speedo recalibrated...Can’t wait.
My dealership got confused because the tire was technically a 35.1 and they could only find 35. So they said they would do it as a favor since it wasn’t gonna be technically correct but I ran it with my radar gps, google and it’s spot on. I haven’t noticed any gear hunting since it’s been calibrated at 80mph I’m sitting at 1,900rpm in 8th gear.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Nice. Wish mine was smart enough to figure it out, but looks like my RC calibrator’s arriving sooner than originally expected so I’ll be able to get it done sooner 😊. I actually like doing it myself cause I can fine tune to the exact GPS vs dealership just programming tire size in and calling it a day.

Cbgreen08

Reaction score
Nice. Wish mine was smart enough to figure it out, but looks like my RC calibrator’s arriving sooner than originally expected so I’ll be able to get it done sooner 😊. I actually like doing it myself cause I can fine tune to the exact GPS vs dealership just programming tire size in and calling it a day.
Let me know how the RC calibration tool works.

Users who are viewing this thread