5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/60r20 -18offset on level? - update: it fits

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your info this, its tight on the frount of wheel gaurd.. is that where you feel its rubbing.. i have the weather tek mud gaurds.. i would like to keep them.. it looks like there still room back there with the 295/60/20 option.
It's rubbing on the mud guard behind the front wheel. It clears when not moving, but when moving it once in a while sometimes rubs. And when it does it's barely. I think this is due to road variance and also with the air suspension I think sometimes it isn't always the same height as it needs to sag a certain amount due to weight before auto leveling again

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I have the 2” Mopar lift on my ‘19 Laramie and 295/60r20 on the OEM rims. I’d like to install spacers, but I did initially have some rubbing like you mentioned When I had the tires installed. The outside of the front tire would rub against the inside of the Mopar mud flap at max turn. Minor bending with the help of a heat gun solved it. Barely, but enough. It seems to me that spacers will re-introduce mentioned rubbing, right?

bobgnarley

Reaction score
@CaptainSumTingWong (or others), how about this wheel/tire setup without a level? I have factory air suspension with Revel links. I am not pushing the boundaries by any means, adding only a .5" rise over stock, with no intention of installing spacers or UCAs. Will it fit with some heat gun work on the liner?

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
@CaptainSumTingWong (or others), how about this wheel/tire setup without a level? I have factory air suspension with Revel links. I am not pushing the boundaries by any means, adding only a .5" rise over stock, with no intention of installing spacers or UCAs. Will it fit with some heat gun work on the liner?
No I don't think so. Even with the spacers and a little heat gun work with my setup, it barely fits with pretty tight clearance. I think you would need to cut and grind with your setup and even then I'm not sure it would fit. With your current setup I'd recommend smaller tires and less offset. Maybe 33s with 0 or positive offset

Jack.

Reaction score
Oh wow this is exactly what im planning on doing with my current truck lol, i initially went with 18" fuel rebel with the -12mm offset but now im looking to go up to 20" with -18mm (except in bronze). I will prob be doing the 5100s as well whenever they become available again. Do you think ill have any rubbing going with LT285/60r20? Lift wise ill prob just do a small leveling once the kit arrive... maybe like ehh 1 or 1.5 front lift

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Oh wow this is exactly what im planning on doing with my current truck lol, i initially went with 18" fuel rebel with the -12mm offset but now im looking to go up to 20" with -18mm (except in bronze). I will prob be doing the 5100s as well whenever they become available again. Do you think ill have any rubbing going with LT285/60r20? Lift wise ill prob just do a small leveling once the kit arrive... maybe like ehh 1 or 1.5 front lift
I think it’s going to be close. If I put it in aero which would be like a 1.75 inch level, it will definitely rub with 295/60r20 but you also go down .5 inches in diameter with 285 vs 295 /60 which gets you .25 inches of extra clearance on each side front/back but even at 1.5 inches of lift you’re still down .25 inch on height. Maybe with some fender liner heat gun work it’ll clear, might have to grind the mud flap bracket or go up one more setting in height on the 5100s?

Jack.

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be close. If I put it in aero which would be like a 1.75 inch level, it will definitely rub with 295/60r20 but you also go down .5 inches in diameter with 285 vs 295 /60 which gets you .25 inches of extra clearance on each side front/back but even at 1.5 inches of lift you’re still down .25 inch on height. Maybe with some fender liner heat gun work it’ll clear, might have to grind the mud flap bracket or go up one more setting in height on the 5100s?
Hmm okay thanks so much for the input. I actually woulnt even mind going the whole 2-2.5" levling route, only thing is i dont mind the current mpg im getting, and i know if i end up going 2.5 with 34s or something it will pretty make kills my fuel economy and gas is crazy atm

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Hmm okay thanks so much for the input. I actually woulnt even mind going the whole 2-2.5" levling route, only thing is i dont mind the current mpg im getting, and i know if i end up going 2.5 with 34s or something it will pretty make kills my fuel economy and gas is crazy atm
Yeah the gas mileage is pretty bad. I average about 14.5-15. Most of my driving is 55mph rolling hills with only a couple of stop lights and I don't really drive that aggressively

Jack.

Reaction score
Yeah the gas mileage is pretty bad. I average about 14.5-15. Most of my driving is 55mph rolling hills with only a couple of stop lights and I don't really drive that aggressively
Thats actually better than what i was expecting LOL. im currently getting like mid 15s with the 285/65r18.. are you on 3.21?

Users who are viewing this thread