5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/60/20 tires engaging abs on turns

antzzy

Reaction score
Hey guys, 19 Laramie with the Mopar oem lift kit. 295/60/20 tires and when driving over 40 and making a on/off ramp traction control engages and bogs down. Put oem tires on and no issues ??? Any help ????

antzzy

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, i have been dealing with this since new. If we put the 285/40/22 on the truck does not do it. Go back to the 295 and it starts back up. According to mopar it has to do with the tire size difference. So now im battling them because the website says we can run larger wheels and tires.

antzzy

Reaction score
Yes and 2 types, the rough vountry and also hypertech but nothing changed

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership. Looks like when they did the original lift they put the new mopar at lift on and added the spacer which made the front end sit higher than it was supposed to. They took the spacer out (which made it more level) and recalibrated the computer to a slightly larger tire and it’s been fine for the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antzzy

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership. Looks like when they did the original lift they put the new mopar at lift on and added the spacer which made the front end sit higher than it was supposed to. They took the spacer out (which made it more level) and recalibrated the computer to a slightly larger tire and it’s been fine for the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They calibrated the computer??? I was told they couldnt do it??

antzzy

Reaction score
Can you tell me what they calibrated?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sooooo.... then the consensus is that the tire revolutions not matching the setting in the computer is the culprit? So if a guy used a Tazer (or whatever programmer) and actually got the speedo spot-on with GPS then it shouldn't be an issue?

antzzy

Reaction score
Sooooo.... then the consensus is that the tire revolutions not matching the setting in the computer is the culprit? So if a guy used a Tazer (or whatever programmer) and actually got the speedo spot-on with GPS then it shouldn't be an issue?
Tried that and didn’t work

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried that and didn’t worwork
Same issue here. I haven't tried a speedo recalibration yet but sounds like that may not work. @antzzy have you had any luck figuring anything out yet? Maybe the dealership has to do the recalibration?? Just a though..... I'm going to call my dealership tomorrow to see if they can even do it.

antzzy

Reaction score
Nope, been at the dealer now 59 days. Starting lemon law

Users who are viewing this thread