5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2919 Ram Bighorn ""Puddle Lights" under mirrors..

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Puddle lights below the mirrors, when exactly do these come on? Are there any settings for them?

Firebird

Reaction score
They come on when you unlock the doors with the fob, and or open the doors. Not aware of any programming or settings. IMG_20190709_121153.jpg

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with those puddle lights. The switch for the interior lights on the overhead console, the one thats a 3 way switch, if you have it all the way off so your interior lights don't come on when you open the door, then the puddle lights won't come on either. I thought my lights were defective until I noticed the correlation.

EXQQQME

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with those puddle lights. The switch for the interior lights on the overhead console, the one thats a 3 way switch, if you have it all the way off so your interior lights don't come on when you open the door, then the puddle lights won't come on either. I thought my lights were defective until I noticed the correlation.
Bingo!!! That's why mine don't/didn't work. I normally have my interior in the "off" mode. Thank you!! They do indeed work now when I flip the switch as you mentioned. Thank you

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Yeah
Bingo!!! That's why mine don't/didn't work. I normally have my interior in the "off" mode. Thank you!! They do indeed work now when I flip the switch as you mentioned. Thank you
Yeah, I usually leave the lights off too. Wish there was a way to leave the puddle lights on with the interior off.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Remove the interior light bulbs and then leave the switch to on
I mean, yeah, I guess that would work, but then I wouldn't be able to use the interior lights if the need arises. I realize what I want doesn't have a perfect solution, just saying it would be a nice feature to have.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks will do.thought i had to go into the "Setting". (y)

Hemiguy226

Reaction score
Id love to know how to get them on when parking at night as I can’t see my mirrors

JoeI21

Reaction score
anyone have a picture with the puddle lights working?

Users who are viewing this thread