5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/65/20 and Fuel Lethal Wheels

911Chopper

Reaction score
Thought I would post the final (for now) product. Hopefully this will help somebody out... I used this forum a ton to help with my decisions! Here are the details:

2019 Laramie, 4x4 ORG, 3.92, 5.7 (no e-torque)
GoRhino RB20 Running Boards
Undercover Elite Bed Cover / Great Fit, Absolutely NO leaks
RL Control Arms with Motofab 2.5" spacer
285/65/20 (34.8x11.50) Ridge Grapplers on 20x9 (+1 offset) Fuel Lethal Wheels. They are 98% inside the fenders and have at least an inch all around for clearance.

NO rubbing, NO trimming.

In my opinion, it rides and drives better than stockers. Feels more stable, if there is additional tire noise, its barely noticeable. MPGs yet to be seen. I will probably order the Rough Country programmer to correct the speedo. Thanks to everyone who posted and answered my questions! new wheels.jpg new wheels 3.jpg

Papa Bear 24

Reaction score
Nice looking! I just bought me a new one 2 weeks ago and have been looking to put running boards on it before I put the leveling kit and wheel and tires on it. I like this set up.

Michael_D

Reaction score
RL Control Arms with Motofab 2.5" spacer

Could you elaborate on this please? I see you have the offroad package. So do I, and I've just started to research tire/wheel options to run in the summer months.

911Chopper

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on this please? I see you have the offroad package. So do I, and I've just started to research tire/wheel options to run in the summer months.

I basically ordered the Ready Lift 2" level kit (with control arms) and replaced the Ready lift 2" top hat spacer with the Motofab 2.5" spacer. I ended up with about a .5" rake after all was complete.

So far I have had zero issues. No strange noises, no rubbing on the 285/65/20 tires. I don't drive the truck very much... I have had it since lst August and just turned over 2000 miles. I have about 200-300 on the new set up and I am currently seeing between 14.5 and 15 mpg. Which is wayyy better than I thought I would get!

Hopefully that helps, let me know if I missed anything!

Last edited:

Michael_D

Reaction score
I basically ordered the Ready Lift 2" level kit (with control arms) and replaced the Ready lift 2" top hat spacer with the Motofab 2.5" spacer. I ended up with about a .5" rake after all was complete.

So far I have had zero issues. No strange noises, no rubbing on the 285/65/20 tires. I don't drive the truck very much... I have had it since lst August and just turned over 2000 miles. I have about 200-300 on the new set up and I am currently seeing between 14.5 and 15 mpg. Which is wayyy better than I thought I would get!

Yes, that was very helpful. I was wondering if you put a level kit, or lifted your truck. Thanks!

tex-rangers

Reaction score

I know this post is fairly old... but curious on that rake... you're saying the front is a half inch LOWER than the rear?

U

User_18177

I know this post is fairly old... but curious on that rake... you're saying the front is a half inch LOWER than the rear?
No, he said he's left with 1/2 inch of rake. It can vary but the standard rake, before any mods, is approximately 3 inches. So after leveling the front by 2.5 inches, 1/2 inch of rake remained.

Users who are viewing this thread