5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/55R22 UCA Rub

Penny

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my ReadyLift 2” Lift with UCAs installed. Also had the 285/55R22 RIDGE Grapplers put on my factory 22s.

I was told by a couple members that they didn’t have any issues with similar equipment.

It looks to me that there is no rub except a rub on the back of the Ready Lift UCA at just shy of full lock. It’s worse in reverse. Couldn’t get a picture today, will add one tomorrow.

My question is... Is there any good way to figure what size spacer I need to eliminate the rub? Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I don’t have the 22’s so have to ask what size the OEM tires are? If you went up on tire size you’ll probably have to figure out whether the rubbing is due to increase in tire width or sidewall. If it’s the width some simple math would suffice to figure out spacer size to compensate for wider tires. If it’s the sidewall then, well, I’ll let someone else with more experience chime in. I assume you don’t have air suspension based on details mentioned in your post?

Penny

Reaction score
Good point. No air ride. Factory tire is a 285/45R22. So the new tire should pretty much just be 2-2.5 inch taller in diameter.

Bhew123

Reaction score
The trail grappler runs wider than most tires. Best tire money can buy in my opinion. But all the members on here seem to be running ridge grapplers that are half an inch thinner than the trail in the 285/55. Post pictures if you get a chance!

Penny

Reaction score
I mis-wrote in my firs post. I bought ridge grapplers! Sorry I went back and forth on which ones to get and went with the ridge grapplers!

Here is a couple pics at full lock and you can tell on both sides of the control arm show some rubbing.

I don’t know of any other way to fix this but spacers. So I’d imagine this thread will take a turn toward a spacer discussion. Just quickly eyeballing it it looks like I shouldn’t have any issues with spacers.

I don’t want to trim the studs so what’s the smallest spacer I can run without having to trim? What’s the stud length?

cd013588cdc4e910b14ea91c9c7a6668.jpg
576c9684c2c3fdeab8066db2831b979f.jpg

Last edited:

Penny

Reaction score
Minor update to my issue. Alignment helped a decent amount but still have a little rub.

I ordered some 1.25”spacers, hopefully they don’t find a new rub point. I think even a .5” spacer would stop the rub but figure the truck would look good with a little wider stance.

If they don’t work I’ll probably try a narrow spacer just to get the clearance at the control arm and be done with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online