5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/65R20

Harston5

Reaction score
So been reading thru this forum for 2 days. I see a lot of mixed opinions. I need tires, I have pushed the factory ones to their breaking point. Brand is not my concern, however, I haven’t got my leveling kit installed yet and I want to move up to 275/65/R20 on stocks. I have seen yes and no as far opinion on doing this. Factory size is roughly an 32x11, the 275/65 come out to be a 34x11 roughly. My truck doesn’t have the off-road or air ride suspensions. Can it be done with the stock suspension and no level?? My last Ram was a 2010 and i put the 275/65/20 on it and had absolutely no problems however that truck did seem to sit higher than my 5th gen.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can put 275/60r20 tires for sure. I think 34’s will rub without the level. Can you just do it all at once? I got motofab spacers.

Harston5

Reaction score
You can put 275/60r20 tires for sure. I think 34’s will rub without the level. Can you just do it all at once? I got motofab spacers.
I actually asked the tire place if they would do the leveling kit and they refused to. There’s another shop that specializes in stuff like that and I’m waiting on my appointment date. They tend to absolutely busy. I have even considered getting the Motofab spacers and installing them myself and then doing the tires. I know I can do it but with my work schedule right now that’s not an easy feat for me. Also the tires I’m looking at don’t offer a 275/60r20 in the LT version. They do in the lesser ply tire than I was wanting but the shop didn’t quote those for me

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I actually asked the tire place if they would do the leveling kit and they refused to. There’s another shop that specializes in stuff like that and I’m waiting on my appointment date. They tend to absolutely busy. I have even considered getting the Motofab spacers and installing them myself and then doing the tires. I know I can do it but with my work schedule right now that’s not an easy feat for me. Also the tires I’m looking at don’t offer a 275/60r20 in the LT version. They do in the lesser ply tire than I was wanting but the shop didn’t quote those for me
I see you’re looking at a 10 ply tire. What tire is it? Maybe we can help you find something equivalent.

My friend and I installed my spacers. He has air tools and a lift which helped a lot. Although it could have been done in the driveway.

Harston5

Reaction score
I see you’re looking at a 10 ply tire. What tire is it? Maybe we can help you find something equivalent.

My friend and I installed my spacers. He has air tools and a lift which helped a lot. Although it could have been done in the driveway.

Im not necessarily looking for 10 ply. In all honesty i do not feel like i need that lol. I do tow, but not that much and most assuredly not heavy enough to require that kind of tire. I have watched that exact video before. It's not that i cant do it. I have all the tools necessary and i am no stranger to turning wrenches. It's time that's my enemy. Time and having to wait days or weeks to get an appointment for an alignment at any shop that has a reputable name around here. My truck is my primary vehicle for getting me back and forth to work and right now we dont have a spare one to be able to drive until i get it aligned.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I have 275/65R20s on mine, non LT version since I don’t plan on towing or hauling anything. No plans for a lift yet, though I do have links to tune the level to remove some rake but haven't had time the past couple years to actually install. No rubbing or any other issues with the tires and have been very happy with them.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Im not necessarily looking for 10 ply. In all honesty i do not feel like i need that lol. I do tow, but not that much and most assuredly not heavy enough to require that kind of tire. I have watched that exact video before. It's not that i cant do it. I have all the tools necessary and i am no stranger to turning wrenches. It's time that's my enemy. Time and having to wait days or weeks to get an appointment for an alignment at any shop that has a reputable name around here. My truck is my primary vehicle for getting me back and forth to work and right now we dont have a spare one to be able to drive until i get it aligned.
I gotcha. I got venoms because the have 275/60r20 in 4 ply. 275/65r20 is a 10 ply load range E in the same model tire. Wildpeaks are a popular brand and it looks like they will fit.

Harston5

Reaction score
I have 275/65R20s on mine, non LT version since I don’t plan on towing or hauling anything. No plans for a lift yet, though I do have links to tune the level to remove some rake but haven't had time the past couple years to actually install. No rubbing or any other issues with the tires and have been very happy with them.
Do you have air suspension? I believe I should go with a the non LT as well. I think they will fit myself. Mainly because 275/55 and a 275/65 are the same width, and there’s a little over 2 inches in height difference.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I do have air suspension (standard on Limiteds). I'd say if you're not hauling or towing a lot of weight, then you don't need the LTs and save several hundred bucks. At most I'm piling in 5 people (3 kids), and maybe 300-400lbs of payload, tops. Tires still have great tread on them and we've done several road trips to UT and Yosemite in both summer heat and winter snow.

Harston5

Reaction score
I do have air suspension (standard on Limiteds). I'd say if you're not hauling or towing a lot of weight, then you don't need the LTs and save several hundred bucks. At most I'm piling in 5 people (3 kids), and maybe 300-400lbs of payload, tops. Tires still have great tread on them and we've done several road trips to UT and Yosemite in both summer heat and winter snow.
Ok, so your suspension lowers and raises independently correct? Even at its lowest setting you have clearance without a true leveling kit?

bvigne01

Reaction score
275/60/20 is the stock size on rebel. I have the off-road group and am running that size. a little rub at full lock in entry exit mode. I don’t think you are supposed to drive in entry exit but I some times do at very slow speed in the school pick up and drop off line

davidn0021

Reaction score
Ok, so your suspension lowers and raises independently correct? Even at its lowest setting you have clearance without a true leveling kit?
Yep, but I don't drive around on the lowest setting unless I absolutely have to and even then it would be for very short and slow distances (like in a low parking garage).

Users who are viewing this thread