5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/65 R20 on Stock 2020 Longhorn

Okanagonram

Reaction score
Guys need your help... will this tire fit with a lift

Ordered tires now I am having doubts......

Thanks

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should fit no problem. But you’ll definitely want to recalibrate your speedo. You’ll be going faster that what your Speedo says.
You’ll be at 75 when your speedo says 70.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys need your help... will this tire fit with a lift

In my experience with Rams, you can usually go up approximately 1" in tire size from stock/OEM without rubbing. Any more than that, and you tend to get some rubbing in turns.

275/65R20s are basically a 34" tire. What options do you have besides it being a Longhorn? If you add that, or add a signature with that info, it will help us.

For the 5th gens, they should fit fine, according to what I read.
If you have the off road group (ORG), you have roughly an inch more height than a "regular" Ram. 34" tires should be fine there, I believe.
If you do not have the ORG, and you will probably experience some rubbing on some of the plastic trim when doing turns, unless you're in Off Road 1 mode (if you have the air suspension).

Okanagonram

Reaction score
In my experience with Rams, you can usually go up approximately 1" in tire size from stock/OEM without rubbing. Any more than that, and you tend to get some rubbing in turns.

275/65R20s are basically a 34" tire. What options do you have besides it being a Longhorn? If you add that, or add a signature with that info, it will help us.

For the 5th gens, they should fit fine, according to what I read.
If you have the off road group (ORG), you have roughly an inch more height than a "regular" Ram. 34" tires should be fine there, I believe.
If you do not have the ORG, and you will probably experience some rubbing on some of the plastic trim when doing turns, unless you're in Off Road 1 mode (if you have the air suspension).

Meant to say with out a lift....
Does not have air suspension

Donut Assassin

Reaction score
Just put on 275 65r20 tires on my sort of stock bighorn 2020 (no off road package or air suspension), about 2 hours ago. I also put on the rear Bilstein 5100s at the same time. No block or anything so those struts should be close to factory. I am getting rub when I turn close to all the way when I was pulling into my drive way. I went with Venom Power terra xts. Overall the tires lifted my truck 2” which I’m a little confused about because the tire should have lifted it only about 1” because the tire is overall 2” bigger, but only difference in height should be from center of the wheel to putter tire that contacts the ground which should be aprox 1”.... I’m not complaining, I want it to be higher so I’m glad I got a extra 1” of lift somehow. Front Bilstein 5100 going on as soon as I get them from the mail. Forgot to mention, I also put on 2” hub centric wheel spacers at the same time as tires. I need more light to see exactly where the rub is happening at.

Yogi217

Reaction score
Does anyone know how this will affect tow rating? I want to do something similar, no lift. I have 3.21s in the rear and wondering how much this would affect my toe rating. I know the gmc at4 has an option for 33s and only have 3.23 gears, so i don't think it should be too bad, but curious to know from someone with experience.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Pertzbro

Reaction score
Does anyone know how this will affect tow rating? I want to do something similar, no lift. I have 3.21s in the rear and wondering how much this would affect my toe rating. I know the gmc at4 has an option for 33s and only have 3.23 gears, so i don't think it should be too bad, but curious to know from someone with experience.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
It will hurt it, but honestly not enough to notice. You're not going to 35s or 37s. if anything it will hunt between 7th and 8th gear on the highway more.

Users who are viewing this thread