5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/60r20

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This would be as good a time as any to remind people to check your spare tire psi once or twice a year. You don't want to be on the interstate and find out your spare only has 15psi because you never checked it.
Or if you bought a used truck and missed the fact that somebody put a bicycle cable lock around the spare tire until you’re on the side of the road at 3am. Ask how I know…

1D32319

Reaction score
Or if you bought a used truck and missed the fact that somebody put a bicycle cable lock around the spare tire until you’re on the side of the road at 3am. Ask how I know…

You bought the Tacoma I traded in didn't you.🙃

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You bought the Tacoma I traded in didn't you.🙃
Haha, you guessed the brand right. It was a ‘98 Land Cruiser that I still have.

Shives

Reaction score
Again for anyone who thinks recalibration of MPH is not important. Think of this. Yes, I’m fact it’s only 2-5 MPH difference! But, add that up in total miles. One trip may just add an extra 2 miles… but after a while you’ll find those off by 5mph add up fast. An the cluster reading for miles will in fact age your truck faster, holding the value back.. will you listen to someone, hey, 5000 of those miles are fake cause I never recalibrate my dash!

Tazer DT is like what 275 right. You get 32 other cool *** features an you can recalibrate your dash. That 275 is cheep compared to being knocked down in value an extra 5k cause of fake miles.

It’s just a thought guys.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is old, but interestingly enough, my '22 came from the dealer with the spare tire padlocked. Dealer said they had a bunch of spare tires being stolen so they started locking them up. I haven't decided if I will keep it on there long term or not. Right now I keep one key on the fob and another key in my center console.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
Again for anyone who thinks recalibration of MPH is not important. Think of this. Yes, I’m fact it’s only 2-5 MPH difference! But, add that up in total miles. One trip may just add an extra 2 miles… but after a while you’ll find those off by 5mph add up fast. An the cluster reading for miles will in fact age your truck faster, holding the value back.. will you listen to someone, hey, 5000 of those miles are fake cause I never recalibrate my dash!

Tazer DT is like what 275 right. You get 32 other cool *** features an you can recalibrate your dash. That 275 is cheep compared to being knocked down in value an extra 5k cause of fake miles.

This is old, but larger tires will show mileage that's actually LESS than actual, not more, and is an argument for not calibrating vs for it.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
If the speed is faster, then miles are adding faster. That’s fact
If you're going 5MPH faster than what it says, you're covering 5 miles more in an hour, so your mileage is reporting low.

Your truck is programmed on revolutions where the revolutions are 31.9" diameter tires (minus possibly compression, not sure if they compensate). If those tires are now 33", you're covering a bit more distance every revolution and so your truck needs to be updated to compensate.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just use alpha or Jscan if you dont want the Tazer features. It's cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread