5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on OE Laramie 20's

RenoRam

Reaction score
Having the same size, I havent noticed any additional road noise. Even though they are the same width as stock, they feel more stable imo.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score

jkratze1

Reaction score
Is the speedo off at all with the size of these tires and do they fit without a lift or leveling kit? I am considering getting the same tire size.

TonyHill376

Reaction score
19’ Bighorn 2” MotoFab leveling kit 275/65/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Ultra Nemesis +1 OS. N-Fab nerfs in textured blk- All emblems Bkacked out. My Speedo is off 5 mph with this tire size.

Attachments

• 38E7F1D2-5CB2-4E55-82F8-B459D0ADF4CF.jpeg
    38E7F1D2-5CB2-4E55-82F8-B459D0ADF4CF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 481

RodRow

Reaction score
Is the speedo off at all with the size of these tires and do they fit without a lift or leveling kit? I am considering getting the same tire size.
These tires will easily fit stock suspension with no rubbing. Since they are approx 3.4% taller than stock, you’ll see roughly 2.4mph difference at 70mph (speed will say 70, but you’ll be traveling 72.4)

I don’t bother having my truck tuned to calibrate the speedometer as you’ll actually have fewer miles registered than travelled which helps value. ;)

Texas415

Reaction score
How’s turning at high speeds (highway) with those 275/60s? I think the stock tires feel like **** making turns on back country highways at fast speeds. Doesn’t feel stable at all. Why I’m leaning on going with a 285 tire with some more rubber.

clotagames

Reaction score
How’s turning at high speeds (highway) with those 275/60s? I think the stock tires feel like **** making turns on back country highways at fast speeds. Doesn’t feel stable at all. Why I’m leaning on going with a 285 tire with some more rubber.
I have the Ridge Grapplers in LT275/60/20 and the tires feel way better on a pickup than the soft factory duelers. Not sure how they get by with that light of tire on a pickup

dragon285

Reaction score
Just had these installed yesterday. Rides over the bumps much better - glad I got the XL. Slightly louder than stockers. Look awesome! View attachment 10508 View attachment 10509 View attachment 10510 View attachment 10511 View attachment 10512 View attachment 10513 View attachment 10514

That is nice!! I have the same truck but in Delmonico Red. I have 2 inch wheel spacers and i dont want to but any new rims, but use stock rims like yours. I also want to keep stock suspension. based on your esxperience with this purchase, what do you think is the biggest size tire I can go without rubbing?? I want the ridge grapplers too? Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance

Bellpa

Reaction score
That is nice!! I have the same truck but in Delmonico Red. I have 2 inch wheel spacers and i dont want to but any new rims, but use stock rims like yours. I also want to keep stock suspension. based on your esxperience with this purchase, what do you think is the biggest size tire I can go without rubbing?? I want the ridge grapplers too? Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance
I'm not sure what the largest size you could do with wheel spacers on OEM wheels and suspension. Others can give better advice on that since mine is leveled in the front.

dragon285

Reaction score
I just got my Ridge Grapplers installed today...got them at 285/50/20 XL. I wanted them just a little wider so i risked it and went with the 285's, and there is no rubbing inside the wheel well. These tires are on STOCK SUSPENSION, and I also have 2 inch spacers installed. Here are some pics....Cars dirty but i had to.
IMG_1261.JPEG IMG_1265.JPEG IMG_1266.JPEG IMG_1267.JPEG

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the load rating on the stock 275/55R20 BSW All Season Tires? I'm contemplating asking my dealer to change to the BFG K02's or Nitto Graplers when it gets delivered if I can get a good trade in value on the stocks.

Stillen

Reaction score

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been searching tire reviews and tire sites, but cannot get a clear explanation as to what XL tires are. I know I want E rated tires to pull the weight of a trailer, so I LT tires with an E rating are good. But what exactly are XL? Where does XL fit in compared to E tires and others.

dragon285

Reaction score
I've been searching tire reviews and tire sites, but cannot get a clear explanation as to what XL tires are. I know I want E rated tires to pull the weight of a trailer, so I LT tires with an E rating are good. But what exactly are XL? Where does XL fit in compared to E tires and others.
LT tires require more PSI while the XL tires are also great for towing but with less PSI. The LT tires give a rougher ride, but are better suited for towing..those LT tires are 10 PLY. I'm not doing any towing, and live in Miami so no off road. The reason i went with the 285/50/20 Ridge Grapplers is because i wanted a wider tire without it being extra heavy like an LT. Luckily Nitto has the XL model at that 285 size range. If not then I would have been forced to get the LT285/60 or 65/20, which are not only heavier but more expensive. Here's some info on the tires and their ratings:
Hope this helps, and good look with getting the best tire for yourself.

Btharp2624

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the ridge grapplers. Anyone have experience in snowy conditions? I live in MN.

Thanks in advance!

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my Ridge Grapplers installed today...got them at 285/50/20 XL. I wanted them just a little wider so i risked it and went with the 285's, and there is no rubbing inside the wheel well. These tires are on STOCK SUSPENSION, and I also have 2 inch spacers installed. Here are some pics....Cars dirty but i had to.
View attachment 17642 View attachment 17643 View attachment 17644 View attachment 17645
looks good I probably wouldn't have put on 50 series though .

Users who are viewing this thread