5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

275/50 or 305/45 22's to replace 285/45

Kamper

Reaction score
The Pirellis on my 24 Laramie w black 22s are wearing quick. Contemplating both of these alternate sizes for a little more sidewall. BUT have snow traction to consider living in CO and skiing w son every weekend. Any thoughts where I would be better served? Looking at Conti Terrain Contact AT but leaning Michelin Defender LTX ms2 - I dont need AT altho they might "look" tougher.... thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I just used the tire size calculator/compare website. the similarities are so close in these 2 alt sizes - difference only really being width. Otherwise the changes to sidewall height, revolutions, circumference, diameter and even speedo changes are otherwise exact same in the 2 alt sizes and real difference is just width 10.8" (275/50) vs 12" width (305/45).

The Pirellis on my 24 Laramie w black 22s are wearing quick. Contemplating both of these alternate sizes for a little more sidewall. BUT have snow traction to consider living in CO and skiing w son every weekend. Any thoughts where I would be better served? Looking at Conti Terrain Contact AT but leaning Michelin Defender LTX ms2 - I dont need AT altho they might "look" tougher.... thanks in advance!
I love my M/T 33x12.50R22 have made a trip to Colorado but haven't tried in the snow.

LTX MS/2's are an "all season". They are designed with light snow in mind. I run that tire in MT (with lots of snow) , and it's definitely not a snow tire. It's also a lot noisier than the factory OE tire for what it's worth.

I just used the tire size calculator/compare website. the similarities are so close in these 2 alt sizes - difference only really being width. Otherwise the changes to sidewall height, revolutions, circumference, diameter and even speedo changes are otherwise exact same in the 2 alt sizes and real difference is just width 10.8" (275/50) vs 12" width (305/45).
Yup. If you want more sidewall I'd look into a 33" diameter tire, which should fit stock.

ordered the Conti Terraincontact AT in 275/50/22... it was really these or the Michelins (had, em previously, great no complaints) but decided for a bit more "agro" look plus the Contis get great reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back