5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

265/60/20 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Hi folks - has anyone installed Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on their 19 Ram? I had these on my 11 SLT but every time I would drive over 65+ MPH, it seemed like my there was vibration so I would always set my CC to 55-60 on the highway. I'd really like to install these on my new 19 Ram but I'm nervous that will happen again. The 265/55/20 Bridgestone Dueler that my Laramie Crew Cab comes with seem absolutely great, no road noise and I barely hear anything even when on the highway or driving at higher speeds. What do you think?

Also, what 20 inch size tire could I reasonably go up to without causing any issues or sacrificing road noise, vibration, etc?

Sooliman

Reaction score
Duratrac's are known to be an all around outstanding tire, but will undoubtedly be 'louder' than the stock Duelers. That being said, Duratrac's are standard on Rebels, albeit in 18's, not 20's, and Rebel's do ride remarkably quiet as well. So, I'd say you'll be fine, but don't expect the same level of silence as the Dueler's. If you decide to make the switch, post pics! Should look awesome. Also, you shouldn't have any vibration on a properly balanced tire with 'true' rims. If the rims aren't right, or the tires out of balance, the Dueler's will shimmy just the same. Good luck.

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Duratrac's are known to be an all around outstanding tire, but will undoubtedly be 'louder' than the stock Duelers. That being said, Duratrac's are standard on Rebels, albeit in 18's, not 20's, and Rebel's do ride remarkably quiet as well. So, I'd say you'll be fine, but don't expect the same level of silence as the Dueler's. If you decide to make the switch, post pics! Should look awesome. Also, you shouldn't have any vibration on a properly balanced tire with 'true' rims. If the rims aren't right, or the tires out of balance, the Dueler's will shimmy just the same. Good luck.

Thanks! I did see that the Rebel came with them so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

I ended up swapping the Bridgestone's for my old Duratrac's with about 10k miles on them. Wow...what a difference. It looks way better and I'd recommend that to anyone. Of course, they perform better as well. Road noise did increase but honestly, it isn't noticeable for me since I always have the radio on. Also, once I swap out the exhaust it really won't matter.

IMG_9263.jpg IMG_9264.jpg IMG_9265.jpg

Last edited:

Sooliman

Reaction score
Thanks! I did see that the Rebel came with them so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

I ended up swapping the Bridgestone's for my old Duratrac's with about 10k miles on them. Wow...what a difference. It looks way better and I'd recommend that to anyone. Of course, they perform better as well. Road noise did increase but honestly, it isn't noticeable for me since I always have the radio on. Also, once I swap out the exhaust it really won't matter.

View attachment 9159 View attachment 9160 View attachment 9161
Looks awesome!

bln15

Reaction score
Installed Duratracs in 285/60/20 on my Limited. No issues at all up to 85 mph. They're a bit louder than stock but less than I expected. Not a cheap tire but I'm very happy...and that the're on the Rebels as orig equip is nice.

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_072113.jpg
    IMG_20180907_072113.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 205

wadefitz

Reaction score
Installed Duratracs in 285/60/20 on my Limited. No issues at all up to 85 mph. They're a bit louder than stock but less than I expected. Not a cheap tire but I'm very happy...and that the're on the Rebels as orig equip is nice.

Any level/lift at all @bln15 ? Rubbing anywhere? I like to keep my suspension 100% stock (have air ride) and I dont want to trim at all. Just trying to figure out if you had to trim or rubbed anywhere? Thanks!

BigHornDaddy318

Reaction score
Any rub on that set up? Thinking of this size or 275/60

Hadit55

Reaction score

View attachment 9159 View attachment 9160 View attachment 9161 looks great. Are these 275/55/20 tires?

Users who are viewing this thread