5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2300 Miles - Headlight Out

4midlife

Reaction score
Well, this Sunday the truck goes to the dealer for a headlight that is out plus a few other items below. Anyone else had these issues?

- Bad headlight
- Knock at startup - sound s like starter not disengaging fast enough
- Front bumper needs to be aligned properly

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add your trucks options, build date and your general location to your sig... helps us all help you.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, all these issues with the 2019 all over this forum has me freaked out. I haven't had any yet but I am sure one will come sooner or later.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, all these issues with the 2019 all over this forum has me freaked out. I haven't had any yet but I am sure one will come sooner or later.
Don't get sucked in man, you've been through too much to get paranoid now! Sure, there's a 89% chance you'll have an issue... BUT we all do... that's just the joys of buying a new vehicle these days. And to top it off... we all decided to be guinea pigs for FCA'S newest and nicest gadgets. That's like asking for a kick in the nuts and paying for it ta'boot.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't get sucked in man, you've been through too much to get paranoid now! Sure, there's a 89% chance you'll have an issue... BUT we all do... that's just the joys of buying a new vehicle these days. And to top it off... we all decided to be guinea pigs for FCA'S newest and nicest gadgets. That's like asking for a kick in the nuts and paying for it ta'boot.
So far so good. Hopefully my luck continues. I still have zero complaints.

marcd118

Reaction score
Well, this Sunday the truck goes to the dealer for a headlight that is out plus a few other items below. Anyone else had these issues?

- Bad headlight
- Knock at startup - sound s like starter not disengaging fast enough
- Front bumper needs to be aligned properly

In regards to the front bumper, Im experiencing the same thing and the dealer/FCA have no answer for this one. They claim there is no adjustability to the bumper.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In regards to the front bumper, Im experiencing the same thing and the dealer/FCA have no answer for this one. They claim there is no adjustability to the bumper.
I'm still scratching my head over the non-adjustable front bumper. I could understand in the days of Lego-precision manufacturing not making an adjustable bumper but that would require everything to line up perfectly every time.

Since we've had a few with crooked bumpers this is the only thing I can come up. Since the bumper bolts to the splayed frame rails, which are connected to the frame and the rest of the front end is bolted to the body, and assuming the frame and body are square, then logically somehow the body is not bolting to the frame properly. Make sense? I don't want anyone to have to go down the path of frame or bodies that are not true but if the bumper isn't flush with the upper grille there are only so many possibilities.

4midlife

Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head over the non-adjustable front bumper. I could understand in the days of Lego-precision manufacturing not making an adjustable bumper but that would require everything to line up perfectly every time.

Since we've had a few with crooked bumpers this is the only thing I can come up. Since the bumper bolts to the splayed frame rails, which are connected to the frame and the rest of the front end is bolted to the body, and assuming the frame and body are square, then logically somehow the body is not bolting to the frame properly. Make sense? I don't want anyone to have to go down the path of frame or bodies that are not true but if the bumper isn't flush with the upper grille there are only so many possibilities.
I have already prepared myself for them saying there is nothing they can do

4midlife

Reaction score
Quick update. 1st time at the dealer they could not replicate the problem :mad:. Amazing that when I got home the headlight didn't work. Fast forward many weeks and the truck is back with them now replacing the entire headlight assembly. Should have it back sometime next week as they needed to order the part.

marcd118

Reaction score
Quick update. 1st time at the dealer they could not replicate the problem :mad:. Amazing that when I got home the headlight didn't work. Fast forward many weeks and the truck is back with them now replacing the entire headlight assembly. Should have it back sometime next week as they needed to order the part.

What they say about the bumper?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4midlife, regarding the bumper alignment, could you post some pictures so members on the forum would have something to visualize? It could be with enough informed opinions that it is not aligned right, RamCare might get involved.

4midlife

Reaction score
4midlife, regarding the bumper alignment, could you post some pictures so members on the forum would have something to visualize? It could be with enough informed opinions that it is not aligned right, RamCare might get involved.
will do once I get the truck back tomorrow.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most of the issues have been minor. I have had two small ones but nothing that makes me wish I would have waited. The powertrain is the same side from the etorque, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee already has that. You also need to think that most of the population isn't on these forums and there are thousands of trucks out there people are driving with no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread