5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23 Laramie GT ordered and VIN received

Tommydent

Reaction score
New to the forum and looking forward to joining the 5th gen family. I built a loaded up GT and cant wait to get it. I have yet to see one on the road here in Fla. I will post info on the build as i receive it. Have my VIN now so its just waiting to go into production. Look forward to sharing pics when i get it!

Murder Ram

Reaction score
New to the forum and looking forward to joining the 5th gen family. I built a loaded up GT and cant wait to get it. I have yet to see one on the road here in Fla. I will post info on the build as i receive it. Have my VIN now so its just waiting to go into production. Look forward to sharing pics when i get it!
I tried to order the Laramie G/T and or the Rebel G/T in may 2023 and they told me it was to late there not accepting orders because of the Hemi being discontinued !
I do know car salesmans are incapable of the truth so hard to tel what is true and what is bull but wondering when you ordered yours??? I did already buy a loaded limited but felt the Laramie in demonic or hydro would probably be a rare truck cause I've only seen 1 rebel G/T

Tommydent

Reaction score
Got good news yesterday. My truck is now in production! Order placed end of April so not too bad of a wait. I still havent seen a single Laramie GT here in the Orlando Fla area. Most of the local dealers i spoke with havent even seen one come through. The only thing i missed out on the original order is the power running boards ... im planning to install them as soon as i get the truck. Any thoughts on OEM Ram vs AMP boards ? Thanks !

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the OEM Ram power boards. I have had them on both my ram trucks. They work great and look great.

Tommydent

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will probably go with the OEM boards. I got an email this past Thursday that my truck is built and awaiting shipping! It went into production on 6/20 and finished up 6/22. Not too bad since i placed the order 4/19. The dealer told me it was one of the last GTs built as well as one of the last 2023s built. I know they had customers looking to build GTs and they couldnt place an order very soon after mine went in so i got lucky

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I tried to order the Laramie G/T and or the Rebel G/T in may 2023 and they told me it was to late there not accepting orders because of the Hemi being discontinued !
I do know car salesmans are incapable of the truth so hard to tel what is true and what is bull but wondering when you ordered yours??? I did already buy a loaded limited but felt the Laramie in demonic or hydro would probably be a rare truck cause I've only seen 1 rebel G/T
The information from RAM was very dicey at the end of this past model year. They put on the big bad 10% MSRP discount but then immediately started dropping availability of certain configurations/packages. I took that as it was because they had already determined their total quantities they wanted to hit, rather than letting demand drive supply.

For example, the V8 was only available on the longbed, and the Rebel was only available in 4x2, GT package closed... Some people connected dots that weren't destined for connection, saying THE HEMI IS GOING AWAY IN THREE WEEKS but that was never the case, as we can see planty of HEMI's available to order.

There's a lot of mis-information out there, and even worse is that it gets very hard to tell if someone is adding their own opinion or not. So, take my own posts with however much salt you have on hand I suppose!

Murder Ram

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I will probably go with the OEM boards. I got an email this past Thursday that my truck is built and awaiting shipping! It went into production on 6/20 and finished up 6/22. Not too bad since i placed the order 4/19. The dealer told me it was one of the last GTs built as well as one of the last 2023s built. I know they had customers looking to build GTs and they couldnt place an order very soon after mine went in so i got lucky
Congratulations on your G/T I'm sure it will be amazing ! Post some pics when you get it

Tommydent

Reaction score
Thanks! It's at the dealership getting prepped now and having power side steps installed. Should have it next week and i'll post pics. I ordered it with the heads up display so i think that will be a nice feature to have. I also had the rear fender liners installed at the factory so i dont have to bother with them. Cant wait to pick it up!

Tommydent

Reaction score
Delivery day and its awesome ! So glad i went with the color and options i chose. This truck is amazing with the air suspension ... and im loving the TRX console and seats.

Attachments

• 20230721_202650.jpg
    20230721_202650.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 16

Tommydent

Reaction score
I ordered a pedal commander that will arrive tomorrow and later this week im bringing it in for 3M Crystalline tint on the side glass and windshield.

Tommydent

Reaction score
Tint installed and Ceramic Applied. Really happy with the truck so far

Attachments

• 20230805_135535.jpg
    20230805_135535.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread