5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22" tire options

JVS0302

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the stock 22's on my Limited Night Edition but may be moving to a 22x9.5 Vossen wheel just for a different design. I am going for a sport truck look, no lift planned for the vehicle. Would you recommend sticking with the stock tire size of 285/45 or are there other options that are slightly more aggressive and would work on an otherwise stock truck? If sticking with 285/45, what is the most liked tire brand and model? Thanks for any input!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang no responses yet. the Factory size and 305/45/22's are both good sizes and also non E rated tires. I would say since you are going with a 9.5 width wheel, go with the 305/45's they are a tad bit taller and much wider which will help to not scratch up the lips of those wheels. Just my 02 cents.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Dang no responses yet. the Factory size and 305/45/22's are both good sizes and also non E rated tires. I would say since you are going with a 9.5 width wheel, go with the 305/45's they are a tad bit taller and much wider which will help to not scratch up the lips of those wheels. Just my 02 cents.
Thanks man, I appreciate the response! I have been searching the forum but it seems most people go with an AT or more aggressive tread. I rarely will go off road, so want to preserve ride quality and not change too much in regards to speedo or mpg. Seems like stock size or 305/45 is the way to go.

river rat

Reaction score
Just replaced the factory goodyears with 305/45/22 Yokohamas. So far i'm happy with them.

JVS0302

Reaction score
Just replaced the factory goodyears with 305/45/22 Yokohamas. So far i'm happy with them.
Awesome, I was just looking at those, would love to see pics of how they look if you have them.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate the response! I have been searching the forum but it seems most people go with an AT or more aggressive tread. I rarely will go off road, so want to preserve ride quality and not change too much in regards to speedo or mpg. Seems like stock size or 305/45 is the way to go.
Yeah those are the best options. Look through discount tires and check out what all they offer. They have some really nice Hankook, Kumho's & Nitto's in that size that are all street tires.

airclnr

Reaction score
I was recently in the same position: upsize to a bigger tire or stay with stock size. I ended up staying with the stock size and replaced the garbage Goodyear tires with a set Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. Much better ride, they're slightly wider (to protect these ungodly expensive wheels) and they had great traction in the snow / rain on my last truck. They also wear like iron.

Motorcop71

Reaction score
+1 on those Michelin tires. I put them on my 2015 Limited and they were great. Once I’m done with these stock GY on my 20 Limited I will be doing the same.

Last edited:

JVS0302

Reaction score
Following back up on this, would love to see pics of 305/45/22s - post em if you got em!

tdager

Reaction score
I was recently in the same position: upsize to a bigger tire or stay with stock size. I ended up staying with the stock size and replaced the garbage Goodyear tires with a set Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. Much better ride, they're slightly wider (to protect these ungodly expensive wheels) and they had great traction in the snow / rain on my last truck. They also wear like iron.

Care to post some pics of the truck with the new tires?

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Big fan of the Defender LTX tires, they are always my go to tire when factory ones are wore out.
Tom

jpoutlaw

Reaction score
I went with 305 Toyo AT which look and ride great on my stock 20 Limited. Looking forward to using them this winter. The Good years would slip on a boat ramp under light throttle. The Toyos are solid coming out. I didn’t trim anything but have a slight rub if I wheel lock. Even pulling my boat or camper, really a non issue with the rub.

Users who are viewing this thread