5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22" spare for 20" tires?

papac0rn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope this isn't too odd of a question. I have a 2020 ram 1500 that had the 22" night edition tires and rims. Last week I popped one of the tires on our fine roads. My truck has that temporary spare which we used. I also have a full set of 20" night edition rims and tires I purchased a few years back that were never used. Got a great deal. So I swapped my 22s out and put the 20s on and everything is great. My question is can I use one of the remaining 22s as a spare instead of the temporary? While I like the look of the 22s I probably won't go back to them because of the ride and expense. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would venture to say as long at the tires are equivalent (or as close to equal as possible) size, it would be ok for a temporary spare. Although I’m not sure the 22” wheel will fit in the spare tire location. I’m sure someone else can chime in and confirm. I have 20’s, but my temp spare is on an 18” wheel (factory).

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys have fit 35's in the spare location with a little manipulation. OEM 22 will fit no problem. Just confirm they run the same overall diameter for when you do need it.

papac0rn

Reaction score
Ok, it looks like the 22" spare will be 2/10 of an inch bigger so I assume that should work fine for a spare?

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread