5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Ram TRX Hellcat ESD 6.2L Hemi Engine + 8HP95 Auto Trans SWAP!

lawmann8

Reaction score
Does anyone know how difficult it would be, or if it can be done, to swap powertrains from a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie, 4x4, 5.7 HEMI with a

22 Ram TRX Hellcat ESD 6.2L Hemi Engine + 8HP95 Auto Trans? Thanks for any input you can provide.​

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My question is what about the rest of the powertrain? Can the stock transmission, transfer case and rear axle handle the extra 300 hp? I’m assuming a true TRX has them all upgraded. Honestly don’t know for sure so chime in if you can answer that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

lawmann8

Reaction score
Holy crap that guy did like a complete conversion.
That's crazy as hell.
He sure did. Might as well have bought a TRX! It looks like you have to be a verified bidder to even as the seller a question.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He sure did. Might as well have bought a TRX! It looks like you have to be a verified bidder to even as the seller a question.
It says parts are from a TRX donor truck. I’m guessing he got it for a fairly decent price. Way cheaper than buying everything new from the factory.

lawmann8

Reaction score
It says parts are from a TRX donor truck. I’m guessing he got it for a fairly decent price. Way cheaper than buying everything new from the factory.
I completely missed that. Thanks for the follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread