5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Limited Rear Doors

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They minimized traditional sound deadening as it adds weight and has a fractional effect on fuel economy. They replaced it with electronic witchcraft known as ANC. My 4th gen definitely had more thud

Ducky5

Reaction score
I dont think you need a video since 15 other guys are agreeing they notice it as well.
Yea that's what I'm gathering. I was grasping to a string before posting this thinking that maybe I was the only one. Since it can be determined it's a "known" issue I'll just keep an eye on it since I can see the sheet metal vibrate for a fraction of a second after shutting the door just in case the doors are more prone to denting. But that may actually make it more difficult to door ding.

As someone else said, it shuts fine and there aren't any other issues with the doors so maybe I'll learn to live with it.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Ive had 2 Limiteds so far, 1 2019 and 1 2020. My 2019 had 1 rear that sounded normal, the passenger rear sounded horrible tho. It sounded hollow, but also kinda vibrated when shut, almost like when you would shut a door too hard that doesnt have the top glass surround and the window wasnt all the way up. I knew it wasnt right, but i never messed with it.

My 2020 limited does not have this issue, the rears may not sound 100% like the fronts, but there is no vibration or hollow sound.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread