5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22" lift options ??

SDVmnt

Reaction score
Just traded in the '17 powerwagon for a more practical daily driver on a '19 laramie with 22" wheels. What are my lift options? I've been reading until I'm confused. Procomp 6" is possibly the only one out there for the 22's. Otherwise Readylift or the new Mopar lift...

Anyone have the Procomp installed yet?

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Well, the factor you're missing thats going to determine what lift you may or may not need would be tire size you want to run.
if you want 37/12.5/22 tires on those 22"x9"s then you may need a 6". Maybe someone fit that setup on a 4" lift kit with heavy wheel well trimming.
I'd use customwheeloffset.com/gallery to see what everyone else has been willing to share. It's great!
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new ride!

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Jwiley is a member on this forum and I love the way his truck looks. He also has those 22" wheels and is running 35/12.5/22 on them if I recall, with the mopar 2" lift. These trucks wheel wells from what we have discussed and seen allow for larger wheel/tire setups compared to the Gen 4 Rams.

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
Just traded in the '17 powerwagon for a more practical daily driver on a '19 laramie with 22" wheels. What are my lift options? I've been reading until I'm confused. Procomp 6" is possibly the only one out there for the 22's. Otherwise Readylift or the new Mopar lift...

Anyone have the Procomp installed yet?
I have the 6" ProComp Stage 1 on my Laramie. I had the factory 22" wheels. I pick my truck this coming up weekend.

*waiting for delivery*
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox
5.7l 4x4 3.92
Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels

*Future Mods"
Tazer DT, Pulsar, lomax cover, bed rug, borla atak exhaust

SDVmnt

Reaction score
Looking to put on 35x12.5r20's.. OR stay with the stock 22's and put 35's on it.

SDVmnt

Reaction score
Pretty sure I just decided to go either with the Mopar 2" level or the Readylift 3.5. Does the Mopar lift ride alot better than the Readylift due to the Fox shocks? Would like the more leveled look and the little extra bit of lift of the Readylift. I'll catch hell if it rides bad though!

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
I'd be safe and search this forum and youtube for reviews,details, and ride quality comments. I havent heard anything negative about mopars kit other than spacer talk. hadn't looked much at readylift.
I'd like to add that I believe the type of load tire you choose and how much sidewall it has makes more of an impact on "ride quality" than a properly installed lift kit with decent shocks.
the D and E load tires that many get for our trucks are much thicker (10 ply compared to the 4 ply stockers) and heavier (60-70lbs each to stock 37lb bridgestone 20") and most definitely wont be as smooth as a highway Passenger tire on 18" rims

Some of the big details you may be unaware of that i read about, is that the Mopar 2" lift has added a spacer to its kit since release. (the part number is changed as well) So make sure you know which you'd prefer and how much it height would add to how your truck is setup now.
Im pretty sure that the newer Mopar 2" lift with spacer still retains 1" of rake after install from what i read, for our standard suspension trucks (no ORG package) and would add 3" in front and 2" rear.
So its not completely leveled out front and rear. Which i prefer for when our trucks tow, theres up to 2" sag on rear, maybe more depending on tongue weight. Maintaining some rake sounds smart to me if you still do occasional or frequent towing.
Good luck!

SDVmnt

Reaction score
I have the Readylift showing up on Thursday and the Mopar lift is in stock locally. Amazon return is easy, I can just drop it off at kohls for return! I'm still torn if I'll notice the difference (correct me if I'm reading this right) 1/2" ?? Difference in the mopar vs ready lift. I'd love to go the 4" lift from the full kits but none are available yet.

I do tow occasionally but planning on lift bags like I did on my 4th Gen (prior to the powerwagon) to mitigate the sagging.

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Well, I'd feel a heck of a lot more confident giving you numbers if I had already put the lift on LOL! Im passing along what i've read on this forum and youtube installs FYI.
If I was to order today, i was going to pick up the mopar 2" kit with spacer and add 33-35" all terrians. width im leaning towards the stock 10.8-11.5". Using customoffsets gallery to determine what look I prefer.
I do know that I'm not going to run as large of an offset as I did on last Ram with this one. Stance was extra wide with 35x12.5x22 fuel tires on -44 offset fuel renegades. installed was about 2" out from wells.
Hopefully one of the other thousands of knowledgeable guys can back this up with personal data, and Post pics for us when you get it done bud!

oh no, dont tell me about how great lift bags are! I cant stop looking and spending money on this truck! :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online