5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 inch spare tire

R2nD2

Reaction score
Had a blowout 1400 miles from home and could not find a matching 22 inch replacement so I bought what I could. I will buy a matching tire and am wondering if I can buy a 22 inch spare tire rim and mount my mismatched tire on there and fit that into the spare tire space under the truck. Anyone else done this?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the 22" wheel but my Rebel comes standard with a full size spare .

R2nD2

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the 22" wheel but my Rebel comes standard with a full size spare .
I have a full size spare as well but it is just that, a short term spare tire designed to get you to the next tire shop. Since I already bought a 22 inch mismatched tire I am wondering if it will fit in the spare tire space. Was hoping someone had already tried this before so I don't have to crawl under the truck and try it out. Yes, I am just that lazy:cool:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a full size spare as well but it is just that, a short term spare tire designed to get you to the next tire shop. Since I already bought a 22 inch mismatched tire I am wondering if it will fit in the spare tire space. Was hoping someone had already tried this before so I don't have to crawl under the truck and try it out. Yes, I am just that lazy:cool:
As long as the overall diameter of the tire is around 34” or less it should be just fine.

jeepfrk

Reaction score
Old thread I know but did you try a factory 22" wheel and tire under your Ram? Was wanting to do the same to have a full size spare. Didn't know if the spare tire winch end would fit through the 22" center hold.

Users who are viewing this thread