5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 2500 rear air ride bag blown

jeff krawz

Reaction score
Think I blew a bag on the highway, called the dealership and can’t drop it off until oct 3, does anyone know if there is a aftermarket airbag on the market. Looked at the molar ones but just can’t pay 800 plus when it’s a warranty fix, but I don’t want to drive the truck for three weeks on the bump stops

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While this is a half ton forum, I admit the OP has piqued my interest as it might relate to the 1500 air suspensions.

I mean if the "HD" bag blew...

@jeff krawz curious if you can tell us more about the conditions of the blow out?
Were you towing or hauling or doing anything crazy when it happened?
Or was it just a freak issue driving down the road?

AussiePeterJ

Reaction score
They are a serious weak link, I have blown both sides, the left was explosive failure at 90kph, the right a slow leak that eventually was more then the compressor could cope with. I am looking for a HD option, or alternatively a small auxiliary bag that is in parallel with the standard bag. Appreciate any thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread