5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2150 miles and I have a faulty Axle Locker System!

S

sbourne

The truck is at the dealership - four days to fix - under warranty - but I didn't buy this truck to continually take it to the dealership. I am going to keep getting everything fixed and after I've had it a year I am gonna probably try to sell it and switch to something more reliable. While it may be the truck of the year - that means very little if it's always in the shop. This is my fifth visit to the dealership since I bought the truck. 2150 miles!!!!

I was warned that FCA products were unreliable. It's my bad for not heeding the warning. Unfortunately for FCA I just got my JD Power Initial Quality Survey in the mail. It won't be pretty once I am done filling this out. It's a real shame. I love the idea of this truck - it's just the execution is very poor - lousy quality control - and after all this I still have to do the AC kluge! :(

I will enjoy the few moments I get to drive it while not in the shop. They can't take that away from me. It's just the wondering how long will it be before the next problem?

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I’m not being rude when I say this, but it’s expected to have numerous issues when an entirely new redesigned model is released. It happens with every manufacturer.

I have 2012 Ram 1500 I’ve had since 15,000 miles and it’s only went in once for a recall. Otherwise, just preventative maintenance. My 2019 has been in the shop more in the last 6 months than my 2012 in all 5 years I’ve owned it, and my 2012 has almost 80k on it now.

My point is that new year models are guinea pig models. You have to go into them expecting issues. If you wanted perfection, you should have waited a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sbourne

I’m not being rude when I say this, but it’s expected to have numerous issues when an entirely new redesigned model is released. It happens with every manufacturer.

I have 2012 Ram 1500 I’ve had since 15,000 miles and it’s only went in once for a recall. Otherwise, just preventative maintenance. My 2019 has been in the shop more in the last 6 months than my 2012 in all 5 years I’ve owned it, and my 2012 has almost 80k on it now.

My point is that new year models are guinea pig models. You have to go into them expecting issues. If you wanted perfection, you should have waited a year or two.

Funny - I don't recall RAM saying in their ads that the buyers for these trucks costing $50-70k are "guinea pigs." And I have owned 23 different new cars or trucks in my life. Many of them launch models - none with this many issues. Not sure why RAM owners get so triggered by people telling the truth about problems. If we - the owners - don't hold RAM accountable - who will?

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Funny - I don't recall RAM saying in their ads that the buyers for these trucks costing $50-70k are "guinea pigs." And I have owned 23 different new cars or trucks in my life. Many of them launch models - none with this many issues. Not sure why RAM owners get so triggered by people telling the truth about problems. If we - the owners - don't hold RAM accountable - who will?

Because we don’t give a flying —- that you’re unhappy and going to sell your truck. Sell it now, leave the forum and move on with your life. Agree with the other thread, you posted twice complaining about the same thing and wanting pity; You’re not going to get it here.

My truck has been in for numerous problems, one being the axle disconnect and it took over a week to resolve. Did it suck? Yes. Did I post about it? Absolutely.. with the symptoms and what the end result was so that it might help others in the future.

I’ve got 2-3 items I need to take it back for: whistle/wind noise on the highway, brakes, and 12” Uconnect updates. All known issues and I’m sure the dealership will take care of them. I just drop it off, get in my loaner and go about my day.

Last edited:
S

sbourne

Because we don’t give a flying —- that you’re unhappy and going to sell your truck. Sell it now, leave the forum and move on with your life. Agree with the other thread, you posted twice complaining about the same thing and wanting pity; You’re not going to get it here.

Sorry I triggered you, Snowflake.

S

sbourne

And blocked....

41magmag41

Reaction score
My 1500 has a manufacture date of 03/19. I bought it 04/19. Now have 5800 miles on her and only one item has popped up. Just got a recall notice for the ORC control. ( the air bag deployment brain needs an update) It took Ram one day to contact me via my mopar home page of the recall and I already have an appointment at my dealer to have the issue resolved. No complaints at all with the truck. If this keeps up I have her to about 150000 miles then get another one. Got tired of Toyota taking their sweet time about updating their trucks. At this point I wouldn't trade my 1500 for anything else out there.

KLSU

Reaction score
Yea, because other trucks never have issues. I guess you haven't visited a GM or Ford board lately have you?

All truck brands have issues including Toyota period. Yes, you might buy another brand and not have any issues as you could trade in your current truck on another Ram and not have any either. I would be mad about it as well but if your thinking there is a "Guaranteed option" out there you are surely mistaken.

Good luck with your truck I hope they fix the issues soon..

Users who are viewing this thread